Favorite Flea strings

Oldtimer

Reaction score
What are your favorite Flea strings and why? How would you describe the sound?

Worth browns. I like the warmer tone (and generally prefer fluorocarbon strings over nylon for the way they feel).

Would it be boring to agree with everyone else here? I've tried a variety of strings on the soprano Flea, but medium Worth Browns really stand out. There's a wonderful chiming clarity to the sound, minimising the slight boxiness that some other strings tend to accentuate. Very comfortable to play, too.

I tried replying yesterday but kept getting denied.

I was going to say I love Martin Premium Polygut on my concert pineapple flea. Cheers!

I preferred Worth Browns on the plastic fretboards. The wooden fretboards work with whatever type you like best.

Has anyone tried the D’Addario titanium’s on their flea? Your thoughts, insight, impression of them.
So far sounds like the Worth BM are the choice of most of y’all.

I did not have a Flea for long, but I put Living Waters on it and thought it had a nice balanced tone.

This flea will be for 6 year old grandson. I changed the A string from the titanium to Worth brown as that one string was a little dull. The WB M sounds better but is of a higher tension. Wondering if the Martin strings are of a lighter tension. I’m thinking the WB will be too high a tension for six year old fingers.
Any thought on string tension.

This flea will be for 6 year old grandson. I changed the A string from the titanium to Worth brown as that one string was a little dull. The WB M sounds better but is of a higher tension. Wondering if the Martin strings are of a lighter tension. I’m thinking the WB will be too high a tension for six year old fingers.
Any thought on string tension.

I still like the Martin Premium strings - the tension is definitely not high, maybe even a little on the floppy side - but still sounds really good. Very easy to play

Well, after the WB M A string I tried an A’Quila clear nylon on the A string. And again the tension was higher than the titanium strings. I ended putting the titanium A string back as it is a little softer tension. The WB was crisper, more ring. The nylon was ok but way tighter tension, sounded about half way between the WB and titanium as far as brightness. But I decided the grandson will likely have better success with the softer strings.
I didn’t have the Martin Premiums available so did not give them a go but maybe in the future will try them.

Top Bottom