Hi from Scotland!

jtsteam

Half Uke Half Biscuit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi everyone from Scotland!
I've been lurking here a bit so thought I should say hello. I decided to have a go at ukulele this summer to keep myself occupied in the evenings. I've dabbled in music a bit before, though never especially seriously, but this is the most fun I've had with a new hobby in years! I don't know if I'll ever have much to say here, but I'm certainly enjoying reading the discussions and picking up some new knowledge.

Anyway, I decided I was having enough fun (and some progress) to justify getting a nicer instrument. This arrived this morning from World of Ukes and I've barely been able to put it down all day...

kala-abp-ctg.jpg

Perhaps one day I'll be confident enough to post evidence of my progress so far! I'm a bit scared of being recognised though... at least until I get a bit better! (Is that silly? It probably is. Ah well. I'm sure I'll get over it!)

Last edited:
Welcome jtsteam, glad you are enjoying your exploration.

Have fun with your new Kala. Is it a tenor?

Have fun with your new Kala. Is it a tenor?

It's a baritone. I started(*) with a cheap tenor from amazon, then decided to see what a similarly cheap baritone was like. I like both, but I guess I'm just enjoying singing along (badly) with the baritone a bit more. Of course now that I've experienced the difference with a nice professionally set up instrument first hand, I might be in some trouble... UAS clearly setting in!

(*) Okay, that's not strictly true. I started by getting a Martin Smith from Argos on a whim, but fortunately it didn't put me off. It was just as bad as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5su5Mg5tY

Welcome to UU, jtsteam!
You're right! The uke is a fun instrument. After Covid you might get the chance to join a local uke group to complement your solo playing/private noodling.

Top Bottom