Season 452: Your Relaxing Music Week

Gene Kelly song.
Played on a dusty old no brand name plastic Uke with no date of manufacture
and friction tuning pegs that seem to be held in place by a black tarry resin.

Last edited:
Hello again, Geoff ... one more from me! This was a hit for Frankie Valli, but I associate it much more with Andy Williams. In either case, it definitely qualifies as "easy listening." (The accompanying video is an excerpt from a film of silent comedian, Max Linder, who I consider rather brilliant!)

Last edited:
Season of the Ukulele 452 is "Your Relaxing Music Week," and asks for any music that we find "relaxing" or "smooth." This song, from John Cruz's "Acoustic Soul" album, is (we think) the first song we ever played together as a family. My wife says it is definitely the first song she ever played. I think the song is also the national anthem of Hawaii - and though we don't live in Hawaii, we play this with friends in our version of "kani-kapila" at Cama Beach State Park on Camano Island here in Washington state.

If you don't know John Cruz - he is the brother of the late Ernie Cruz of the Ka'au Crater Boys. He also played in the "Playing for Change" cover of "The Weight," which is phenomenal. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ.

Ok, I'm tried posting this last night and it said I was BLACKLISTED! Just as I was about to reach 1000 posts on this forum... Wait, I'm already over 1000 posts! When sis that happen? I gotta go back and look.

Enjoy my Neil Diamond....

Jim Yates beat me to this song for the fall theme. Since I had printed the lyrics allready, I figured I could do it for this week :)
I hope you find Tom Waits relaxing.

Summertime. An improvisation whilst waiting for the "red light/observed effect" to wear off....so I went with it ...not a polished performance, just out of the tube so to speak.....probably dunt even sound owt like Summertime to anyone else :rolleyes:

This week's theme for Seasons of the Ukulele is relaxing songs, so I chose one of my favorites. The Luckiest written by Ben Folds performed by Kimi and Kev. Artwork made in Open Canvas. I find drawing mandalas relaxing, so I hope ya'll will find them soothing. Thanks again to Kevin Griffin for adding his magical touch to this one with his uke, mix, and synthetic cello!

One more from your host for the week. I've been working on this all week on and off and finally got arranged recorded and uploaded so I'll leave it here as a different take from CeeJay's earlier this week. Two recorders (bass and alto), baritone ukulele plus some midi accompaniment. The lone figure at the end of the video is my granddaughter. She was on the shore but not really a stranger that day ;)

Season 452 is now Well and truly over. Thank you to all Those who shared their choice of relaxing music. We had a total of 59 entries, an excellent result.

Top Bottom