Season 452: Your Relaxing Music Week

Not sure how relaxing this one is... but the incident described certainly calmed me down as a youth.

Hope you enjoy my:

Ahoy everybody
Here is a relaxing song, I think.
The title translates to 'The two of us went walking'/'The two of us walked'

Ahoy again
I managed another song today - it takes a while when I do these Icelandic songs as I feel that I need to translate them before posting them here (because it is unfair that I can understand your songs but you can't understand mine :D)

Probably our final break in the van for this year. I went for a walk this morning, and when I came back Mrs P had retuned the radio to - you guessed it - Smooth FM. ("Anything but bloody Jeremy Vine" were her exact words, which UK people will probably understand.)

Anyway, tunes don't come much smoother than the ones Burt Bacharach wrote. And quite appropriate given the weather here in North Norfolk.

Last edited:
SOTU 452 - "Shiver Me Timbers" - written by Tom Waits and appears on his 1974 album, "Looking For The Heart of Saturday Night." In addition to his original, I've heard covers by James Taylor, Danielle Ate The Sandwich and especially Bette Midler that I really liked. My friend and teacher Susan adds the fiddle here.

"Relaxing" got me thinking about dreams and pillows: "Send Me the Pillow You Dream On" (1949) by Hank Locklin. My version is sung in Estonian.

Another day passes and another batch of smooth music from you including a stunning orignal from Chelle. Take a listen you'll not be disappointed.

Oh my goodness, Geoff, thank you so much — I cannot emphasize enough how much your lovely comments touched me — thank you, again! I had posted an earlier version of the song, but ditched it. I am glad that I went back to the drawing board and made additional efforts to find the right mix for the song. So glad you liked it!

I find this song very relaxing especially when sung by Ella

As a big prog-rock fan, I have always found the Alan Parsons Project laid-back and relaxing, so that's who I thought of for this theme. I've always liked this song even though it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface. Apparently Eric Woolfson (singer, lyricist, pianist/synth player on this one) toured an English chemical factory and observed a landscape of pipes and tanks, and no people around, with a street sign reading Ammonia Avenue, indicating what was produced in that part of the complex. How that became a central motif in a song whose lyrics otherwise seem to be about faith, hope, and belief in a better world to come, I have no idea...

I was very honoured to be asked by Del to collaborate on this Trembling Blue Stars song for the season.
It's been a favourite song of mine for many years and I'm a huge admirer of Del's work so I naturally leapt at the chance!
Thank you for asking me along for the ride, Del. Once again I'm in awe of the sound you produce and I feel extremely privileged to be part of it.

Cheers, mate!

Another super batch of Smoothness from our seasonistas. Two songs in Icelandic, an Estonian version of a country music classic, Del working his magic on another Collaboration, Ammonia Avenue has to take the title prize. Not forgetting wgy & Stanley's excellent contributions. All in all A good listening session.

SOTU 452- "Who Will Sing Me Lullabies", by the magnificent Kate Rusby. I have been a huge Kate Rusby fan for years and here's a song from the first album of hers I ever bought "Little Lights" (2001). I hope she'll tour in the US at some point, or I just may have to go to the UK!

Here's one from me. I think I've heard this on the radio in the car a couple of times recently. Possibly Smooth Radio or BBC R2 who play a similar style of music. Photos in the video were taken from my daughter's car.

Screenshot_2020-10-16 Season 452 Your Relaxing Music Week .jpg

Did anyone else notice this in Berni's song? I don't get it.

Top Bottom