beginning my wait for a SynergyInstruments.com full Carbon Fiber Concert

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
YUP, I pulled the trigger, pressed the button, took the step, etc on
the purchase of a Synergy Instruments full CF Concert on Sat 10/10/2020.
i figured it was an auspicious time... and I'm not getting any younger...
and other seemingly reasonable justifiable rationalizations :)
after all the USD price looks like a great discount compared with the
CAD price! I know, I know it's really the same cost. but humor me a bit.
Anyway, I've had this purchase on my mind ever since I learned that
Synergy (a Canadian CF fabricator) was planning on manufacturing
full CF ukuleles.
It's supposed to be a 4-6 week wait, so I did it!
now I'm in the 'anxiously-awaiting-the-delivery' mode.
This purchase is supposed to be an incentive to and a reward for cleaning the house in
anticipation of an eventual move to HNL in a year or two. :)

just wanted to let you know that some of us, well 'me' at least [what awkward grammar],
are ordering Carbon Fiber ukuleles.

keep uke'in',

PS anyone else bite the bullet?

Last edited:
Very nice! I ordered 2 sopranos, one CF and one ekoa. Im curious how different the sound will be between the two. Just looking for the ultimate travel uke and maybe something to keep in the car.

Just as an aside, I chose to order a Concert with a 15" scale because the description of the Soprano mentioned a
13" scale and I wanted more room at the nut and I thought the 15" scale would give me at least one more fret at the nut, possibly 2 :)))

I'm hoping the larger Concert body will not be too large vis-a-vis the Soprano body.

Thanks, Kyle! :)

keep uke'in',

Congratulations! The concert is the one I'm thinking about. I'm looking forward to your review. Did you request anything special (setup, strap button ...) ?

On my sopranos I requested gotoh UPTs and side dots instead of top dots on fretboard. They were happy to do it for me, slight upcharge for the tuners.

No special options, just the standard issue :)

I may put a sticker on the headstock and one or more rubber ducks
Impaled on the tuning posts.

Looking forward to your review on how the new synergy concert plays, Uncle Rod.

How are things going with my concert ukulele? Inquiring minds want to know:)
I placed my order on the 10th and I know I need to allow 4-6 weeks, but I’m
Getting anxious.
BTW I noticed that on your website it appears the Concert is strung with a low G.
Will all concerts come with low G? I mostly prefer reentrant but low G would also be OK.
Thanks for humoring my anxiety about the build timeline.

Keep uke’in’,

Build is coming along great. Will hopefully be able to post some pictures in the very near future. As for finished date, it will be in the 4-6 week range but absolutely not longer than 6.

We can string it anyway you prefer, does not have to be Low G.

Thanks again for the support and for purchasing one of our instruments. We can’t wait to get it in your hands.

Kyle

Just got some images of my two Synergy sopranos that will be on their way soon!! Currently just waiting for the Gotoh UPT tuners that I requested to arrive. Really looking forward to playing with these, and am curious to see the differences between the two materials on the same instrument model. More to come!

Attachments

• Order1001-Front.jpg
    Order1001-Front.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Order1001-Back.jpg
    Order1001-Back.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 69
Just got some images of my two Synergy sopranos that will be on their way soon!! Currently just waiting for the Gotoh UPT tuners that I requested to arrive. Really looking forward to playing with these, and am curious to see the differences between the two materials on the same instrument model. More to come!

What are the materials on both? The brown one on the left looks like wood.

Looking good! Can't wait to read your reviews.

That will be interesting. I own a Klos carbon fiber, and a Blackbird Ekoa Farallon. The Ekoa Farallon does sound better, but at 3X the price it's hardly a fair comparison. The appearance of the Ekoa is beautiful, and very wood like - but then I love the appearance of carbon fiber too (I own two carbon fiber acoustic guitars also). I sort of have the impression that the Ekoa is not nearly as durable as the carbon fiber, but I doubt that will matter unless you plan to drive a car over one of them. Having two otherwise identical instruments made of the two materials will be super interesting. It will certainly be incumbent on you to make a video or two!

Interesting update. Pictures of the CF and EKOA sopranos looks cool. I could not find pics of a full EKOAi instrument on Synergy site. I know they show a price. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on SOUND of EKoa vrs CF from this builder! I’ve been wanting a Farallon for a couple of years but cost wise it’s out of reach now that I’m retired. I’m hoping that one of the builds from Synergy will fill the itch.. LOL. They have CF and CF/Ekoa top and full EKOA. I’m patiently waiting for sound samples on their site or comments from owners on UU.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone and those that purchased ukuleles.

Happy to announce that all the ukuleles ordered are shipping out Monday. You should have received tracking numbers and if not yet you will tomorrow.

Rod - my apologies for the lack of pictures however I will get some posted tomorrow for you but excited for you and the other members to get theirs and provide reviews.

Thanks again,
Kyle

Top Bottom