beginning my wait for a SynergyInstruments.com full Carbon Fiber Concert

Thanks for the update, Kyle!
I appreciate hearing from you guys :)

Haven't received any other contact yet, but will look for it.

I'm so excited, even anxious... in a good way.
Thanks for all your quality assurances for this build.

I'm planning on returning to HNL in early or mid-December for a
longer than normal visit... over than 5 weeks :)

I'm expecting to be the envy of other players, although being a
bit familiar with the big Hawaiian K-Brand builders and their wooden
products... I think I'd better play it humbly, giving respect to their
ukuleles. No problem with respect on my part. I love and respect them.

Anyway, I plan on taking the Synergy CF Concert and showing it off in
Waikiki and wherever go.

Thanks to you Kyle and Chris for entering into this world and for
making CF ukuleles for us... and at such a respectful and affordable
price!

Blessings on you guys!

keep uke'in',

Hi Uncle Rod and Maddog.

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

Ordered a baritone to play at outdoor song circles.

Anxiously waiting your thoughts on these instruments. I hope your experience is going well.

I have mixed feelings on the sopranos. Not sure if it's the strings or what, but I keep getting a buzz on early frets on the E string. So far I've tried a Living Waters soprano set, and UkeLogic light tension strings, same issue with both sets on both the carbon fiber and ekoa ukes. The sound is OK overall, definitely not as nice as my old KTS-4, but a step up from the Outdoor Ukuleles. My biggest issue that kills my OCD is the sound holes, which appear to have been cut out by hand rather than a hole cutter. Not perfectly round, and not sanded well, leaving some ugly rough edges in the soundhole. If the sound hole where cleaner, the frets edges better, and if I could get rid of the buzz, I'd say they're worth the price. I probably wouldn't buy again personally the way that I received them.

I have mixed feelings on the sopranos. Not sure if it's the strings or what, but I keep getting a buzz on early frets on the E string. So far I've tried a Living Waters soprano set, and UkeLogic light tension strings, same issue with both sets on both the carbon fiber and ekoa ukes. The sound is OK overall, definitely not as nice as my old KTS-4, but a step up from the Outdoor Ukuleles. My biggest issue that kills my OCD is the sound holes, which appear to have been cut out by hand rather than a hole cutter. Not perfectly round, and not sanded well, leaving some ugly rough edges in the soundhole. If the sound hole where cleaner, the frets edges better, and if I could get rid of the buzz, I'd say they're worth the price. I probably wouldn't buy again personally the way that I received them.

There are some real similarities here with the early prototype Synergy uke I bought (and then returned). The fret ends were sharp, there was a buzz on a couple strings and overall the finish was marginal. I have been interested to follow the threads describing first hand experiences now that the full line has been launched. I had a friend, a professional musician, test drive the prototype uke and provided both my feedback and hers to the builders at Synergy. However it sounds like they have not been able to resolve these initial build issues yet.

Top Bottom