Acoustic-Electric Cable Tie mount Location

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does sticking the cable tie mount on the underside of the soundboard change the sound?

I ask because I have 3 A/E (under saddle pickup) ukes by the same manufacturer. All 3 have the anchor attached this way. They sound fine the just way they are, but why don't they attach it to the side so it doesn't dampen the soundboard?

All of mine attach on the side; I'd imagine it might dampen the acoustic sound a little bit, but probably not enough to worry about. :music:

When I've installed preamp/pickups, I put the cable holder on the side for that reason, but I have noticed on some of my ukes with installed preamps, that the holder is attached to the top.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I should have added that the holders in all 3 are attached very near to a side wall at the narrowest part of the waist, and adjacent to the soundboard brace. Perhaps that is where the least vibration is.

Top Bottom