Review : MP custom tenor

wdonley

Reaction score
Now that I've had it a while, felt like offering up some thoughts on this one. MP custom tenor, #67 by Mike Peirrera. I'm the second owner, was very happy to find it. Very nicely made, of course. His detailing is just unreal. Gold strings on it, they sound pretty much what I hear as classic ukulele tone. Bright, defined notes. Was doing some of Jake's online lessons, and the tones were remarkably similar. Our playing, not so much! Nicely balanced across the strings, nothing overbearing the others. I really like the neck profile on Mike's ukes. Making some of those tough chords a little easier. I was switching around this afternoon between my previous fav, gold label Kamaka sop, and a special edition Kala tenor. Just easier to play then either of them. The guy sold it because it wasn't getting played. I'm doing what I can to remedy that!!

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
You’re in Mike’s town. He’s a great guy and I had one of his tenors that I gifted to a good friend.

Yes. He used to live across the street from me. He made me a very high-end custom concert at that time. It was pretty funny, going back-and-forth across the street to see wood samples and decide what to use.

Top Bottom