A Maile Lei for Your Hair (ukulele instrumental)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

I love singing this song, but I've been working on an instrumental version to serve as background music for a lesson video I've been working on for one of my classes. Hope you like my rendition. :)

What a wonderful way to wake up this morning. A lovely rendition. (it would also be perfect for SOTU 452 Your Relaxing Music Week that just completed.)

Good choice for a lesson: achievable, lots of work for the left hand at a reasonable tempo, a catchy melody line (and not one of the tired mundane tunes that are relied upon too often).

Extra bonus: being able to see a bit of that gorgeous ukulele as well as listen to it.

Bluesy

Thanks, Bluesy! Yes, the melody is so pretty, so I just tried to play it as smoothly as I could. I double-tracked a bit of harmony in the intro, but a higher level player could probably play that part using two strings. :)

That was really lovely, John. It’s such a pretty song — wouldn’t be surprised if the melody becomes stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :)

Very sweet rendition of an island favorite.
Mahalo for sharing it :)

Keep uke’in’,

That was really lovely, John. It’s such a pretty song — wouldn’t be surprised if the melody becomes stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :)

Thanks, Jan! It's a good melody to have stuck in your head! :)

Thanks, aspieman! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, Joseph! Hope you are enjoying the weekend! :)

Top Bottom