Stu Fuchs and the ukulele family

RafterGirl

Reaction score
In April of 2019, my local ukulele group leaders arranged for Stu Fuchs to come to Salt Lake City to do a workshop. It was wonderful. Stu is a great teacher. His love for the ukulele, and his ability to share that with people is so awesome. He was scheduled to return this summer, but, you know......Covid. So my uke club leader and Stu came up with a Zoom workshop idea that took place yesterday. It was so much fun, and I learned a lot about spicing up my strumming. Lots to practice now.

In addition to Stu's great teaching, I was so overjoyed to see my local ukulele family on the screen. Just to see their faces & chat was so wonderful. I miss playing with them so much. There were over 100 people attending the workshop from all over the US, UK, and Canada. As I scanned the screens to see my Salt Lake City friends, I saw two of my new friends from Ukulele Catskill in New York. I played hooky from the Ukulele Catskill Saturday Zoom jam to attend the workshop, so seeing them was a bonus thrill. My local uke family, combined with my online distant uke family all in one place. So cool.

The world is big......but the ukulele brings us all together. :D

What a nice post, thanks for sharing that. I was part of a Ukulele Chit Chat on Zoom with 4 others from our Uke Jam. We actually play together as a band for open mic performances. I forgot how much fun we always had. Making an arrangement, assigning parts putting a performance together and practicing at one another

In April of 2019, my local ukulele group leaders arranged for Stu Fuchs to come to Salt Lake City to do a workshop. It was wonderful. Stu is a great teacher. His love for the ukulele, and his ability to share that with people is so awesome.

The world is big......but the ukulele brings us all together. :D

Yeah, Stu is great. I've been to several of his workshops, jammed with him a couple of times, and ran sound for him at a Concert at Old Songs in Voorheesville, NY the night before the Spring Into Uke festival he headlined. (I ran sound for that, too)

I also support Stu on Patreon, especially since he hasn't been able to tour, and he and his wife have a new baby.

-Kurt​

We got to meet baby Rowan at the beginning of the Zoom workshop. Stu is such an inspiring teacher. One thing he said during the workshop really resonated with me in terms of learning new things with my ukulele playing, and life in general during these challenging times........."drop by drop, our bucket gets filled."

Yeah, Stu is great. I've been to several of his workshops, jammed with him a couple of times, and ran sound for him at a Concert at Old Songs in Voorheesville, NY the night before the Spring Into Uke festival he headlined. (I ran sound for that, too)

-Kurt​

When was that? It must have been before my time.

I attended and had a wonderful time. Stu has the ability to appeal to all levels of players and reminds you of many of the "important" things like relaxing and breathing. All his sessions on YouTube and Patreon are incredibly good and make me feel good.

It is cool that you got to reconnect with others from your uke groups (old and new) as this is such a key piece that is missing currently.

We love Stu. We consider him a kindred spirit. We've been with him in person several times, even when he was touring with Satnam Kaur. She allowed him to shine on the ukulele during the concert we attended. It was on my BD, and he even announced Happy Birthday to me over his mic.
He led the 1st ukulele workshop I ever attended, and played his didge for us.

I think the best place for a beginning uke player to start is with Stu’s Rockabilly course. It’s inexpensive and gets players playing three chord songs in no time and gets them adding little flourishes that make three chord songs sound so much more musical. Rockabilly was good enough for the Beatles and Robbie Robertson. Stu is a great teacher and makes it fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom