Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aNueNue Lion Orange UT Tenor - REVIEW

Default aNueNue Lion Orange UT Tenor - REVIEW

Another one in the 'Bird' series from aNueNue. Talk about a bold colour choice!!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/10/...r-ukulele.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Nice to see someone who spells aNueNue properly.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Nice to see someone who spells aNueNue properly.
    [/url]
    Really Mike? How do people mis-spell it? Not seen that.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Really Mike? How do people mis-spell it? Not seen that.
    Anuenue, without the proper uppercase letters. There's a thread right now in the Marketplace.

Orange ukuleles & chocolate covered oysters are in the same category as far as I'm concerned. However --- "To each his own," as the fellow said when he kissed his pet iguana on its teeny little lizard lips.
    Make UU smile: Support the Forum.

Truly hideous. Looks like a 1970's formica kitchen work top. I'm sure it sounds good but an awful lot of ukuleles sound good these days so looks are important too. There is a market for east Asian boy band inspired instruments even in the west but a very, very small one I would think.

Actually makes me wonder what a formica ukulele would sound like?
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Pono MBD-CR - Pono MGTP5-PC

There are cycles in these sorts of things.

Some of us may not be the target demographic for 70s orange -- but among the more recent generations, the 'vintage' retro colours and styles from the 70s and 80s may appear pretty cool and desirable.

I googled '70s orange' and my screen filled with colour swatches, 70s orange Ford Mustangs, vintage 70s orange thermos bottles, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ikimiki; 10-18-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikimiki View Post
    There are cycles in these sorts of things.

Some of us may not be the target demographic for 70s orange -- but among the more recent generations, the 'old' retro colours and styles from the 70s and 80s may appear pretty cool and desirable.

I googled “70s orange” and my screen was filled with colour palettes and images such as this:

5f32a8f3427b424e1a57a57eb69d2067.jpg
    And I can remember when that looked really cool

70skitchentangerine.jpg

For a while everything was that colour!
    Last edited by Counter; 10-18-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Pono MBD-CR - Pono MGTP5-PC

And the Dutch national football team has been turning out in that orange all along! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    Truly hideous. Looks like a 1970's formica kitchen work top. I'm sure it sounds good but an awful lot of ukuleles sound good these days so looks are important too. There is a market for east Asian boy band inspired instruments even in the west but a very, very small one I would think.

Actually makes me wonder what a formica ukulele would sound like?
    Maybe it's just the wrong boy band? I bet a BTS ukulele would be unreasonably popular. Especially if it were cheap and marketed to young fans.

Also, my understanding is that HPL is formica, more or less. So you could get your hands on an HPL Bonanza or Enya, or a Martin 0X and find out. I think all of those have been pretty well received. Especially the Martin.

Thread Information