aNueNue Lion Orange UT Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Nice to see someone who spells aNueNue properly.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Orange ukuleles & chocolate covered oysters are in the same category as far as I'm concerned. However --- "To each his own," as the fellow said when he kissed his pet iguana on its teeny little lizard lips.

Truly hideous. Looks like a 1970's formica kitchen work top. I'm sure it sounds good but an awful lot of ukuleles sound good these days so looks are important too. There is a market for east Asian boy band inspired instruments even in the west but a very, very small one I would think.

Actually makes me wonder what a formica ukulele would sound like?

There are cycles in these sorts of things.

Some of us may not be the target demographic for 70s orange -- but among the more recent generations, the 'vintage' retro colours and styles from the 70s and 80s may appear pretty cool and desirable.

I googled '70s orange' and my screen filled with colour swatches, 70s orange Ford Mustangs, vintage 70s orange thermos bottles, etc.

Attachments

• 5f32a8f3427b424e1a57a57eb69d2067.jpg
    5f32a8f3427b424e1a57a57eb69d2067.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
There are cycles in these sorts of things.

Some of us may not be the target demographic for 70s orange -- but among the more recent generations, the 'old' retro colours and styles from the 70s and 80s may appear pretty cool and desirable.

I googled “70s orange” and my screen was filled with colour palettes and images such as this:

View attachment 130103

And I can remember when that looked really cool :D

70skitchentangerine.jpg

For a while everything was that colour!

Last edited:
And the Dutch national football team has been turning out in that orange all along! :)

Truly hideous. Looks like a 1970's formica kitchen work top. I'm sure it sounds good but an awful lot of ukuleles sound good these days so looks are important too. There is a market for east Asian boy band inspired instruments even in the west but a very, very small one I would think.

Actually makes me wonder what a formica ukulele would sound like?

Maybe it's just the wrong boy band? I bet a BTS ukulele would be unreasonably popular. Especially if it were cheap and marketed to young fans.

Also, my understanding is that HPL is formica, more or less. So you could get your hands on an HPL Bonanza or Enya, or a Martin 0X and find out. I think all of those have been pretty well received. Especially the Martin.

70s orange

Since the following is my favourite mug, I think I may be within the target demographic's cross hairs after all! :)

70s orange mug.jpg

I'm sure it sounds good but an awful lot of ukuleles sound good these days so looks are important too.

Yes, of course looks are important and clearly this is not for everyone. When I say it 'sounds good' though - some perspective on that - i'm saying that it is one of the best sounding ukuleles I have EVER played in reviewing for 10 years or more. It's THAT good.

I don't think there are an 'awful lot' of others that sound this good. A few, but not a lot.

Just IMHO of course!

Also, my understanding is that HPL is formica, more or less. So you could get your hands on an HPL Bonanza or Enya, or a Martin 0X and find out. I think all of those have been pretty well received. Especially the Martin.

Yes exactly that - Same stuff. Formica is a brand name - a company that makes composites. The stuff they made for counter tops (for which they are probably most remembered) IS HPL

OH NO! Not a "Pumpkin-Spice " ukulele! Will it never end?

Ha ha - it actually didn't cross my mind that we were approaching Halloween - I should have timed the review for the 31st!!

I bet autocorrect is partly to blame for that - in some cases. I sometimes have to fight with my Kindle to get the right words.

I shut off auto correct on all my devices, find it to be too inaccurate. (Sorry about the hijack.)

I like orange, as my telecaster style mini bass shows (painted by Pat Wilkins, the premier instrument finisher in the US.)

Tele Capri Orange 900.jpg

Top Bottom