Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aNueNue Lion Orange UT Tenor - REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    The Light Bird is Cedar topped
    Oh yeah, thanks. I looked it up and these are no longer available; they were apparently an exclusive model for World of Ukes in the UK. Maybe another dealer can convince them to make more. The price was much less than a standard Bird.
    https://worldofukes.co.uk/tenor-ukul...tenor-ukuleles
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 10-19-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    John

Actually makes me wonder what a Formica ukulele would sound like?

Not very good, ok, not horrible, but at least you can make a sandwich on it.

I happen to really like this orange uke. It sure is shiny. And it sounds better than any uke I own.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Actually makes me wonder what a Formica ukulele would sound like?

Not very good, ok, not horrible, but at least you can make a sandwich on it.
    Forgive me for begging to differ Nickie - IMHO the HPL Martin sopranos sound more rounded and, to my ear at least, better than their modern wooden variants (without going to the stupid prices). Perhaps not a great comparitor, but.. I also think they beat or are at least on a par with any other solid soprano of the same price. I think Martin really got it right with those.

Purists hate them of course. But I wonder how many purists actually ever played one. They sound great I think!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Br√ľko walnut soprano

Forgive me for begging to differ Nickie - IMHO the HPL Martin sopranos sound more rounded and, to my ear at least, better than their modern wooden variants (without going to the stupid prices). Perhaps not a great comparitor, but.. I also think they beat or are at least on a par with any other solid soprano of the same price. I think Martin really got it right with those.

Purists hate them of course. But I wonder how many purists actually ever played one. They sound great I think!
    I almost agree. I'm also very impressed with the Martin HPL ukes. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that sounds as good for the price. But I think Martin's slightly pricier S1 narrowly beats it in sound quality. Barely, and only when I've tried them back to back. But that's me. I think it would be interesting if they tried their hand with HPL at other uke sizes.

Lots of people like to trash Martin's modern ukes, especially compared to their vintage stuff, but I think their Mexicans are really good quality for the price. Besides more HPL sizes, I also wish Martin had premium Mexican models to fill the gap before their Nazareth ukes. I don't get why they leave such a big gap between their domestic and import prices; they should fill it with some upgraded imports or downgraded domestics if possible. I think I'd buy a no-frills Koa S1 if they had one.

Yes, of course looks are important and clearly this is not for everyone. When I say it 'sounds good' though - some perspective on that - i'm saying that it is one of the best sounding ukuleles I have EVER played in reviewing for 10 years or more. It's THAT good.

I don't think there are an 'awful lot' of others that sound this good. A few, but not a lot.

Just IMHO of course!
    When I was watching your review, I kept thinking, "geez, I wish it came in an alternative color." Since I work for a big box store where orange colored everything runs rampant, I've developed a strong aversion to orange. Sound would probably win me over, though.
    "So many ukes, so little money..."

Kanile'a KSR-T premium koa tenor
    Rebel Double Cheese spruce/mahogany tenor, my BFF.
    Pono ATC-PC acacia cutaway tenor
    Kala KA-ASFM-T-C flame maple tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono ASD acacia soprano deluxe
    Pono MGS mango soprano

Actually, I've never heard that ukulele, didn't even know it existed. The one I heard was from another company.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

UT Orange? Hmmm. What does the UT stand for?
    Perhaps this could be for fans of UT Orange? I am sure some alumni from the UT system will buy one.
    University of Texas. Color is called UT Orange. Endlessly discussed and marketed on everything. Huge ukulele club in the area. Seems like a coincidence , but might sell some of these wonderful Ukes.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I shut off auto correct on all my devices, find it to be too inaccurate. (Sorry about the hijack.)

I like orange, as my telecaster style mini bass shows (painted by Pat Wilkins, the premier instrument finisher in the US.)

I leave it turned on so I have someone else to blame. : )
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    And I can remember when that looked really cool

Attachment 130104

For a while everything was that colour!
    We bought a used 1973 Airstream trailer, and the kitchen countertop was that color. Thankfully, that's where it ended.

The Light Bird is Cedar topped
    And my UC10 Coral has a solid spruce top, painted the coral color. Great sound. It's seems they cut back on production, since only theUC10 Almond Milk is available now..

https://www.anuenuemusic.com/en/ukulele/UC10-AM

Thread Information