Stands, Hangers, Wall Cases

ikimiki

Reaction score
Hello All!

I strongly suspect that I am going to struggle with UAS for years to come!

Rather than stowing prize uke possessions away in cases under the bed and in the cupboard, I'd like to have them accessible for playing and admiring -- but not just kicking about leaning up against pieces of furniture.

Hence:

What stands, hangers or wall cases do you use?

And what would you like to have?

There seems to be a variety of solutions out there for guitars. How about for ukes?

I have modified a standard stand, made for electrical guitar. One for different sizes and another just cut down to ukulele size.

ACtC-3d_zpTDBjVt7fFaeofocb4lFuOPKznJA-cGcRqSjRQQTto1_G0aHcd5kh7R1LRYEXdHY8dqnKM9TsKYr0lLnwQHmctIQ-UO9vOk-GK2Wezb45TGVVzu2GJfmDxCFTiNuPQl-f6xabZA3iSRp5Ng-d29=w539-h600-no

For wall hanging, I like String Swing Ukulele hangers. Attractive, convenient, and very secure.

@Poul: that's a great solution that adapts to the size-composition of your UAS. Nice.

Also: really striking grain patterns on the three on the left-hand side. Almost psychedelic! That's the willow, I presume.

@Poul: that's a great solution that adapts to the size-composition of your UAS. Nice.

Also: really striking grain patterns on the three on the left-hand side. Almost psychedelic! That's the willow, I presume.

Yes Mahimahi from Italy in willow.

@Poul: a real eye-draw.

How does the willow compare to other tone woods?

Last edited:
For wall hanging, I like String Swing Ukulele hangers. Attractive, convenient, and very secure.

My wall hangers were originally purchased for guitars, and they work ukes by hanging the ukes up side down. It might look a bit strange, but I find it very convenient.

DSC_2435.jpg

I later tried String Swing hangers, which fits the ukes headstock. However, I found it actually slower in retrieving and storing the ukulele because I must more carefully align the headstock.

BTW, the hangers I use is

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...r-with-adjustable-yoke-3-pack/j38918000000000

and it appears to be currently on sale!

I don't think the body wood has much influence on the sound but they have solid ceder tops and combined with the build, they are the best sounding ukuleles I have. I brought the soprano to a shop that had a "ukulele day" and their ukulele man was so impressed that he got name and links and bought one when he went to Italy for holiday.
ACtC-3eeEd1zC2TF8VcGnSVY6c7yTKmjyCt_tmdl5r3darwcXT-6JH2mKGNQg4TYv_WXh-urtxa5KJfg8jhsSUAM6FKljIG9DVNaMWxWJ1aiahP1uWMDnSmUvRjw8DvXuSH5C4lcGcJHrXxpsiUK7vYihPkE=w1235-h600-no

I converted a section of my bookshelf into a humidity controlled cabinet with trays for water and sliding covers to control the humidity.

Shelf 7 ukes 800.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I don't display my ukes so to speak so I'm not particularly concerned with that. I hang them under a shelf in the basement where they are handy from cup hooks screwed into the shelf and with these password hangers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChGKT16mQWE

Last edited:
@Rllink: the paracord solution is elegant. Not sure how well it will mate with the FUZZ-S though.

FUZZ-S tuners.JPG

You're right! ;)

But for the time being, this is my prize possession, so it's going to get TLC.

Mine are scattered around for accessibility rather than display - I have a couple of string swing hooks in each of several rooms (bedroom, studio, living room, garage) so I have a choice of instruments at hand wherever I have inspiration or a few minutes to fill. I'm trying to figure out a smooth, subtle, and wife-approved way way to hang one in the Kitchen (maybe on magnets so just when I'm using it?) to play during the many wait-10-minute breaks while cooking.

I have the luxury of living in a climate without large humidity swings, so I don't worry about humidity beyond having a meter just in case.

I use this: https://www.curtain-tracks.com/christmas-stocking-hanger-kit-426.html

It costs $18. And its flexible. You can hang up to six ukes on it - and the best news is that the hooks slide. This means you can space the ukes out depending upon which ukes you have in your collection at the time. I've owned it for over a year and have zero complaints. All six hooks are in use at the present time - one of them is a Bari. No problem with the weight.

Top Bottom