Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kanelia Oha Series

Hi Everyone,

In my opinion the Kanile’a Oha ukuleles are excellent instruments. The craftsmanship at that price point (100% Hawaiian) cannot be beat. The sound to me is not much different than the Koa models... I think the biggest difference in sound comes from the finishes rather than the woods... Being a satin/natural finish the Oha models do have a more woody tone but that is not a bad thing, sound is very subjective.

Also you all need to check out the NEW Oha models on my stores website!!! They just came in today and now have rosewood fingerboards and bridges. Koa headplate with mother of pearl logo and gold machine tuners. In my opinion the new design looks nice!

https://woodvibrationsmusic.com/shop

Have a great weekend!
    Wood Vibrations Music
    Dealer of Fine Classical Guitars & Ukuleles
    Woodvibrationsmusic.com
    @woodvibrationsmusic

Rosewood fingerboards with white dots, much more visiible...I like it!
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 10-26-2020 at 04:38 AM.
    John

I thought the walnut fingerboard and bridge were good enough for the cheaper Oha models but of course rosewood is a more traditional wood so I'm not upset about the change. I just hope it doesn't drag the price up.

The switch to rosewood isn't mentioned anywhere on the Kanile'a website, or at least I couldn't find it. Weird...

Very nice ukes. Wood vibrations in Las Vegas? Correct! I like the white dots also. I’m ok with walnut, or ebony, or richlite and rosewood for finger board. I’m surprised rosewood showing up on this model given past restriction. Black dots were ok also.

Hi there,

Yes, my store Wood Vibrations Music is located in Las Vegas, we ship anywhere in the U.S. and will be offering international shipping very soon.

I have spoke with Kaimana at Kanile’a, these changes will be the standard features for the OHA models going into 2021.

These new models are really great, I was pleasantly surprised by them. Since Cites restrictions have eased on most rosewoods they can be used again, hooray!

The two OHA tenors listed on my site are from the very first batch with these updated features

Have a great week!
    Wood Vibrations Music
    Dealer of Fine Classical Guitars & Ukuleles
    Woodvibrationsmusic.com
    @woodvibrationsmusic

Quote Originally Posted by jcrooks View Post
    Hi there,

Yes, my store Wood Vibrations Music is located in Las Vegas, we ship anywhere in the U.S. and will be offering international shipping very soon.

I have spoke with Kaimana at Kanile’a, these changes will be the standard features for the OHA models going into 2021.

These new models are really great, I was pleasantly surprised by them. Since Cites restrictions have eased on most rosewoods they can be used again, hooray!

The two OHA tenors listed on my site are from the very first batch with these updated features

Have a great week!
    I really appreciate the info. It's nice to have an industry insider here among us.

Thread Information