Hi from Australia

Jayne01

Reaction score
*** deleted ***

*** deleted ***

Last edited:
Welcome to UU Jayne01!
Good luck with the build. There are a couple of other threads of new builders documenting the process, so I would think that is a splendid idea.

Hi, my name is Jayne. I am from Sydney, Australia. This unusual world we have all found ourselves in this year has left me with lots of free time at home. I have been trying to fill that time in various ways and decided I want to build an electric ukulele. This is an odd decision for me because I have very little musical background and have never played a ukulele or guitar. I have had a few violin lessons since the start of this year and have recently started to self learn to play the keyboard with the help of youtube. Building a ukulele is as much about the enjoyment of building the instrument as it is learning to play it when it's finally finished. I came across this forum while searching for information on building. I have decided to make the instrument with a scale of 20" which I think makes it a baritone ukulele? I chose this size simply because it just feels like a nice size to hold, not too big and not too small.

I have said a lot of words for an introduction post. Perhaps I will start a construction thread to show the progress of my project if anybody is interested. I'm sure I will have lots of questions along the way and this forum has become my goto place for information.

Jayne

Welcome to our forum!

There is a section called Ukulele Building/Luthier's Lounge where you can get expert help.

Welcome Jayne. From the other side of the world.

Best of luck with your build. Please share your process and the results.

Top Bottom