Kala Elite Myrtle-T

Wow...

It looks like a couple people made lower offers on this. Why? It's already a huge bargain at $420.

Update: I added it to my cart, just for grins and giggles. Thought about it for an hour, and when I went back to check, it was sold.

Last edited:
Yeah, didn't think that one would last long. I considered pushing the button myself, but not good timing for me. I hope someone here got it!

Kala Elite ukuleles are very fine instruments impeccably built, and I noticed that they have quite a depreciation once bought new and put in the market as pre-owned. Maybe it is because Kala does not have the same cache of the great "K" ukes made in Hawaii..I own a marvellous 5 months old Kala Concert K3 (all solid koa, "3" stands for the best quality of wood, they make it in 1 and 2 and 3 models) that costs new $1.300.00, and I bought it on Reverb for $750.00. The instrument is absolutely like new, mint, without a flaw. And i think that it is a great ukulele.

Last edited:
That Myrtle-T pricing was very unusual. I find the Elites seem to have a similar resale value as Kala's offshore manufactured ukes, usually about 30-40% off street price. Good if you're buying, less so if selling.

It seems that K brands , many starting new at about $1200.00, usually still sell used for $1000.00, or close to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom