Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUD: KoAloha Red Label Anniversary Silver Tenor

Default NUD: KoAloha Red Label Anniversary Silver Tenor

I posted it on FB, but you all were here long before I posted anything on FB.

I haven't had much time to sit and play her, but here are some photos for you all...

Mango Top/Maple back and sides; Ebony Fretboard, bridge and headstock veneer. 25th anniversary inlay.

(Thanks to Mim!)

IMG_6140.jpgIMG_6142.jpgIMG_6143.jpgIMG_6150.jpgIMG_6155.jpg
    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

Very cool looking Ko'Aloha. The blue is really eye-catching. Love the stand too.

Does it have a very bright sound to it, or does the mango mellow it down?
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Very cool looking Ko'Aloha. The blue is really eye-catching. Love the stand too.

Does it have a very bright sound to it, or does the mango mellow it down?
    It’s hard to describe. I need to spend more time with it. There’s a deep bass response and the whole body vibrates. The top end is clear and bright but not as round or thick as koa. Not thin or shrill, just kind of sweet(pardon the cliche). I’m not sure how to describe it.
    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    I posted it on FB, but you all were here long before I posted anything on FB.

I haven't had much time to sit and play her, but here are some photos for you all...

Mango Top/Maple back and sides; Ebony Fretboard, bridge and headstock veneer. 25th anniversary inlay.

(Thanks to Mim!)
    That's a beauty. I bet it sounds great.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Wow. I didn't know Koaloha made anything like that. That's a really unique and pretty looking instrument. Blue is one of my favorite colors. I'd never seen that headstock logo from them either that I can remember.

Thanks Jerry! The sound is different than my Koa instruments and different than the spruce top - A little hard to describe. Also, I know it's hard to judge scale and size from photos, but it is smaller bodied than some of my other ukes, but larger in sound. A bit counter-intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by jer View Post
    Wow. I didn't know Koaloha made anything like that. That's a really unique and pretty looking instrument. Blue is one of my favorite colors. I'd never seen that headstock logo from them either that I can remember.
    Hi Jer. I think that logo is for their red label customs and black label customs. I was on the fence of getting an anniversary silver from the KoAloha family, and when I saw the blue color in a red label version, I couldn't resist. I guess, they made about 10 of these in varying colors. I was mighty tempted by the purple one that Mim had also.

There was a shocking pink one at HMS the other day.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Pono MBD-CR - Pono MGTP5-PC

Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Pono MBD-CR - Pono MGTP5-PC

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Hi Jer. I think that logo is for their red label customs and black label customs. I was on the fence of getting an anniversary silver from the KoAloha family, and when I saw the blue color in a red label version, I couldn't resist. I guess, they made about 10 of these in varying colors. I was mighty tempted by the purple one that Mim had also.
    Nice! So not many will be able to say they have one of these in their collection.

Thread Information