Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NUD: KoAloha Red Label Anniversary Silver Tenor

Did that stand come with it?

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    No. Haha. I bought the stand years ago. when I get home, I can post a picture of it. I emailed KoAloha and asked if I could buy a stand after seeing one. They told me they stopped making them, but they may have had a few extra lying around - they found one and then we had to figure out how to ship it, since it was an odd shape.

I also have a KoAloha Lamp too! I guess, I have a few KoAloha items in addition to a few ukes (maybe a keychain somewhere also).
    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

I noticed that. Beautiful!
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I noticed that. Beautiful!
    Here's a pic of the stand.

IMG_6163.jpg
    Everyone I know who is into the ukulele is 'crackers' so get yourself a few and enjoy yourselves - George Harrison

Some of my faves right now: *Kamaka HF-3D2I *Kamaka HF-3D Anniversary *Kamaka HB-2D *Sumi Kobo Spruce/Maple Tenor *Blackbird Farallon Sunburst *Blackbird Clara *KoAloha KTM-00 *Concert Flea

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Here's a pic of the stand.

IMG_6163.jpg
    That's pretty neat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 25th Anniversary Red Labels come with a fancy case that has a clear window on the front to display the uke. But I think this stand is way cooler for displaying ukes.
    Last edited by rafter; 10-24-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: punctuation

That's pretty neat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 25th Anniversary Red Labels come with a fancy case that has a clear window on the front to display the uke. But I think this stand is way cooler for displaying ukes.
    Yes. You are correct. The case looks like a standard black case except the top has a "window" that is made of I think plexiglass for like 90% of it. the top is not arched. There are only two buckles (instead of 4 on some other cases.). There is no buckle in the middle near the handle and no buckle in the rear of the case. The buckles are colored like vintage brass. I can take some pictures of the case if you want.

So, here's my observation - KoAloha tenors are "thinner" but maybe not quite as thin as a Kala thin line for example. I had a Pono tenor and it did not fit in the KoAloha stand. The Kamaka tenor fits and the Blackbird tenor fits, but it's a tight fit (with its radiused back).

Yet, despite being "thinner" the KoAloha is really loud. I don't know how they pull off that wizardry.

Wow, seeing that took my breath away, it is gorgeous! Congrats....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information