Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesley Fowkes my friend..

Condolences to you, her family, friends, and to everyone touched by her.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

A version from 2015 for the song's first birthday.
    Please share a version of Lesley's carol this Christmas.

My condolences to everyone who knew her. I've heard of her, but never had any interactions with her, not being a contributor to this topic.

It looks like she is being sorely missed.

Godspeed Lesley.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Lesley was a good friend and a great ukulele player. She also wrote several wonderful songs. We first met online in the Seasons and then met up in the UK. She and I went to a few UK ukulele festivals and had some fun times together. I recorded her song "Troubador" a couple years ago when I heard she was ill. It is with a heavy heart that post this now. My condolences to her husband Martin and to all her family and friends. We will miss you Lesley.

here is a wonderful vid, that i love very much, it shows lesley singing with another dearly loved and missed seasonista, ukey dave...

lynda

acid skiffle

I am so very sad to learn of Lesley's passing. She was a dear friend whose courage and kindness were as inspirational as her music. I'll never forget her. Linda

So sorry to see this. Hopefully her lovely spirit is dancing with the stars ~ Here's one of her songs Linda L and I covered a few years back;

Talk less, play more . . . .

i also did a version of Lesley's lovely Troubador - her songs are so well composed

a recording i made for Lesley in 2018.
    love you mate, thank you for being a beautiful friend to me
    these past 8 years.
    i miss you already, goodnight and love my sister. xo

That is such sad news! Thank you so much for letting us know, Stan. Like others here, I was fortunate to experience Lesley's kindness and support when I first joined the Seasons and then, when she received her devastating MND diagnosis, kept updated with her "Where Eagles Fly" post on Facebook, where she raised so much money to fight the disease and where her comments were always positive (often even humorous). She will be dearly missed! My deepest sympathy to Martin and all her Family.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Thread Information