Enya EUC-MS Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Love the new camera.

Really impressed with how clear it is for close ups

The one thing I did notice compared with previous videos is that just moving the uke briefly in front of your mouth really reduced how well you could be heard when describing it. New mic, or on a more directional setting than usual? Picture quality is top notch, though.

The one thing I did notice compared with previous videos is that just moving the uke briefly in front of your mouth really reduced how well you could be heard when describing it. New mic, or on a more directional setting than usual? Picture quality is top notch, though.

Yeah - mic position change so not to interfere - will adjust that head - so long as the uke is heard though!

Agree!

Nice review Baz. I'm wondering if I should get my friend one of these for Christmas instead of a used Mainland for $300??? She really doesn't need a pickup...

Oooh - you know - i'd find that a tough decision. I guess the Mainland is more distinctive, but this Enya is a cracker too

I'd hate to have to make that choice.

For those who like a wider nut width, the tenor version has a 1.5 inch / 38 mm nut.

" I personally changed the strings to Aquila Red Series, they really shines this Uke. "

How do they change the sound from the stock ?

Currently on sale for $88 on Amazon USA .

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Barry, quite a cracker!

I own the tenor version and found a lot of what you wrote also relates to the MS Tenor. Mine came stock with D'addario Titaniums (not bad per se but certainly not my personal choice), I put some flurocarbons on with a wound low G and the sound you get from this is remarkably good. Complex, good seperation with very good sustain even in high positions and a very pleasant tone (Ryan Coad has a video on youtube with similar strings and a sound sample for those interested...). I also played some of their gloss mahogany models and they certainly don't sound bad, but this with the satin finish sounded richer and more complex to me at least. And the satin looks and feels a lot nicer than your generic open pore poly satin / matte finish that you find on most sub-300-ish import models.
I genereally like the playability of these with the wider nut and radiused richlite fingerboard (like most Enyas), a breeze to play with low action and I think that alone puts them in a unique spot at this price level.
There are is a great choice of affordable ukes these days that deliver, but I also have to say you do get a lot more premium playability and sound with this one and in that it competes with ukes higher up in terms of cost. Always happy to play mine and I also own more premium ukes (Koaloha, Kanilea, Rebel...).

I'd like to know which strings he's playing .
I think the action maybe can be adjusted with the bolt on neck ?
No reviewer mentions that the headstock is heavy from the flower inlay / headstock plate , and closed gear tuners .

I'd like to know which strings he's playing .
I think the action maybe can be adjusted with the bolt on neck ?
No reviewer mentions that the headstock is heavy from the flower inlay / headstock plate , and closed gear tuners .

I don't know, but could ask him on youtube or insta.
I think a good set of fluros like Worth clears or Oasis paired with a Fremont Soloist / LaBella / Romero wound gold alloy (or maybe a Thomastik CF30 for less boomy) should get you very close. I am using my own custom set for C, E, A with a LaBella wound low G and the sound and response is very similiar.

I would advise against setting the action via modifing the bolt on neck and go the classical route of nut and saddle adjustment if needed. All my Enyas came well setup even from the big A (although I know someone else wo got a buzzing one). If you mess with the bolt on neck you will alter the neck angle and this should not be necessary.

Last edited:
By the way , it appears that Twisted Wood Guitars has at least one of their models made by Enya to their specs .
Their model called Koa Ukulele ( $525 / $580 ) , which is not made from Koa ; it's Acacia .

By the way , it appears that Twisted Wood Guitars has at least one of their models made by Enya to their specs .
Their model called Koa Ukulele ( $525 / $580 ) , which is not made from Koa ; it's Acacia .
You may be right - interestingly, Twisted Wood tell me they are moving to a North American made premium model - will be interesting to see that

https://twistedwoodguitars.com/custom-shop

MADE IN CANADA​

At Twisted Wood Guitars, we are now offering our Canadian-made Custom Shop Ukuleles in standardized configurations! These Pro Series models have been specially designed to help you get the most out of your handmade ukulele.
Our New Twisted Wood Pro Series Ukuleles are constructed entirely by hand in our workshop in St. Albert, Alberta. These ukuleles are expertly crafted by our head luthier- Tom Wolansky, who has over 15 years of experience building and designing musical instruments. Every single component of these Pro Series Ukuleles have been purposefully selected and expertly crafted to create an instrument capable of masterful tone and undeniable beauty!
*Requests for alternative custom configurations will still be accepted at our discretion.

Last edited:
You may be right - interestingly, Twisted Wood tell me they are moving to a North American made premium model - will be interesting to see that
Example of U.S. Custom records from a site that sells this type of info :

U.S. CUSTOMS RECORDS ORGANIZED BY COMPANY​

3 U.S. shipments available for Huizhou Enya Musical Instrument Com, updated weekly since 2007
DateSupplier Customer Details43 more fields
2021-07-29HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMTWISTED WOOD GUITARS LTD.GUITARBILL OF LADING
2017-12-04HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMAMAZON LOGISTICS INC.UKULELEBILL OF LADING
2016-05-19HUIZHOU ENYA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT COMGUITAR HOBBY, LLCGUITARBILL OF LADING

Top Bottom