Review: Flight Diana Soundwave Concert

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I've been waiting on this review...lots of other ukuleles that were sent to me for review purposes that I had to get through first.

The Flight Diana is a very nice instrument--all by itself. The Soundwave is a nice addition of both tech and function.

There are a number of reviews and performances on the Soundwave that have been around since NAMM 2020.

The one take away for me, other than how much I like the sound of a cedar top, is that the Soundwave system works better with the laminate back/sides than the similar systems in the plastic/carbon fiber ukuleles.

It's a nice feature in any ukulele if you have any intent of playing with or practicing with effects--but it does work better with wood than plastic.

As with all my full reviews...they are lengthy. Feel free to skip around using the chapters. One Minute Review included as well.

I definitely agree with your comment on the sound system working better with a wooden instrument. It's often really hard for me to even hear the effects on the Nova U or Lava ukes but with this one they're loud and clear on the video. I had the Sophia Soundwave concert for a brief period of time myself and I liked it quite a bit. The playability on these is excellent and the sound is surprisingly loud and full for only a solid top instrument. I eventually sold it because the Soundwave system wasn't enough of a novelty to keep me playing it but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of these.

As always, very nice review. I really enjoy the stuff you do.

I’ve looked at a bunch of diagrams of C, D, and U shaped necks and it’s confusing. It looks to me as if D and U shapes have a bit of a straight shoulder before the curve, and C starts curving right away. A shallow C is my favorite shape. Sound like this has more of a deeper D?

Beautiful uke, and great review.

That's really a good question, Ziret! The necks I love the most are like the Outdoor Ukulele, or the Koa Kalanes I recently reviewed...and the Enya Nova necks are also very comfortable.

I would think of a C being more rounded, and a D tapering off more quickly. Just even looking at the characters on my screen. I think the Diana is more like a C.

I don't know a letter that aligns with what I like best!

Top Bottom