Interesting concept

I absolutely freakin' love the design. Just gorgeous!

Don't know how functional it is. Those tuners don't seem to be too practical. And the location of the cord jack is going to be problematic.

Or how it sounds. I suppose it will depend upon the electronics and the quality of the speaker.

But—damn.

This looks like a rendering rather than a real product. It can't be playable with a strap button behind the first fret. Some of the renderings show fretboard dots. Others look like a plain fretboard.

The same pictures were in similar design-verts several years ago, but I don't see any sign of an actual product page.

With 20 frets to the body it's going to be quite small. Might be a good candidate for a 3d printed electric stick

Seems obvious to me that the designer is not a uke player, completely ridiculous the neck strap button there, the output jack there, round tuner knobs. Unless a player gets involved, this will never see the light of day.

Yanko Design uke.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That is a very clean design. needs ergonomic redesign. I like the concept of a built in speaker, bluetooth and plugin but a better location. I've seen cigar box ukuleles with a built in speaker. makes me think about sound enhancing in a similar package

The idea of a built in speaker has been around for decades in electric guitars. But they always sounded like crap. But these days, I'm always surprised at the fidelity that can be coaxed from sound reproduction devices using tiny speakers and low wattage amplifiers. Maybe there's hope?

Top Bottom