Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Rebel Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    Sinister! Definitely sinister!
    I'm not surprised.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Congrats! I love my Rebel. I'd actually love to have one of every model they make, if I could.
    "So many ukes, so little money..."

Kanile'a KSR-T premium koa tenor
    Rebel Double Cheese spruce/mahogany tenor, my BFF.
    Pono ATC-PC acacia cutaway tenor
    Kala KA-ASFM-T-C flame maple tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono ASD acacia soprano deluxe
    Pono MGS mango soprano

Great buy Jerry. Terrific looking Rebel. I love front & back binding.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Congrats, Jerry!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Yes, I knew I would have to move fast. I've had a Rebel in the back of my mind for quite a while, and seeing the prototype won me over. Mim was closed (and more expensive), so I went with Uke Republic. Very fast delivery.
    Just for the record I was not closed closed. Just at cap. Haha. I only pipe in because someone wrote me an email thinking I was closed closed. I just hit cap early last week!

Rebels are great! Happy new uke day! Carry on!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Congrats, Jerry!

I considered a similar prototype, but with the binding the ukulele no longer looks exactly like *cheesecake* from the side. A purist, I.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadia View Post
    Congrats! I love my Rebel. I'd actually love to have one of every model they make, if I could.
    I sure love mine as well, including an Acacia prototype from Mim. The outdoor pictures (on Mim’s instagram) clinched it— the maple fretboard is much more subtle in natural light, and the proto elements all work well together to very cool effect.

My other bigger-buy ukulele is an Anuenue AMM2. Wowzer. I respect it very much, love that it offers more than I yet know how to ask of it (it’s currently more dynamic than I, heh), and we have a long future together.

But, the Rebels capture my wacky heart.

Zing.

~ S.
    Last edited by Spieler; 10-27-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Rassnfrassn Chopped Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    Just for the record I was not closed closed. Just at cap. Haha. I only pipe in because someone wrote me an email thinking I was closed closed. I just hit cap early last week!

Rebels are great! Happy new uke day! Carry on!
    Oooh! Sorry about that! Bad choice of words. An early cap is better than no cap at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    Very nice! Do you know if there's meaning behind the fret marker icons or are they just being art decoey
    There's too much "sinister" going around right now, so I went the other direction. : )

How about - Peace, Prosperity, Harmony, Happiness. The double alliteration is just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Oooh! Sorry about that! Bad choice of words. An early cap is better than no cap at all.
    Haha, no worries! Someone sent me condolences, but I just wanted to clarify! Cap is slowing. Whew. I actually like to not hit cap. It is a lot of work. But last week was an exception.
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    Haha, no worries! Someone sent me condolences, but I just wanted to clarify! Cap is slowing. Whew. I actually like to not hit cap. It is a lot of work. But last week was an exception.
    If anyone wants to get a sense of just how hard Mim has had to work, and how quickly she has been hitting her caps, you can always check this thread: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Entertainment I've been keeping track of her store as a way to gauge the ukulele market since back in April. I update it every week when I see that she has capped out.

A big thank you to Mim for helping to keep the world well supplied with quality instruments with amazing set-ups!

Jerry, congrats on the new Rebel! My mango concert Double Cream is one of my favorites to play. (It came from Mim too, by the way.)
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Thread Information