Ever played a LoPrinzi Nova Tenor?

Maiden Uke

Reaction score
Just curious whether anyone here has owned or played the LoPrinzi Nova Tenor model? Sound, sustain, ease of play?

Just curious whether anyone here has owned or played the LoPrinzi Nova Tenor model? Sound, sustain, ease of play?

I own a Nova soprano. I use it to play classic. Its neither louder nor quiet. I love it with Living water strings. Mine is very expressive in high frets. Perfect for dynamics. It sounds more like a concert than a soprano.
Slim profile.

Thank you, unrealdark, that's very helpful feedback. Enjoy your soprano LoPrinzi Nova!

BTW - I tried to close this thread and move it to Uke Talk, but it didn't work. Moderators?
Thanks

but it didn't work

Late to the party but I own a Nova Tenor Flamed Maple model (with a custom 38mm nut). It sounds amazing. I think the ports actually allow some beautiful bass tones to escape - it's quite surprising that a Uke can emit this sort of tone. The clarity of my Loprinzi is just fantastic and many a day I find myself just grinning when I play, it's so clear and bell-like. I have never heard a better instrument, and that includes people I know who have shown me their K-brand ukes which to my ear sounded dull and flat compared to my Loprinzi.

Late to the party but I own a Nova Tenor Flamed Maple model (with a custom 38mm nut). It sounds amazing. I think the ports actually allow some beautiful bass tones to escape - it's quite surprising that a Uke can emit this sort of tone. The clarity of my Loprinzi is just fantastic and many a day I find myself just grinning when I play, it's so clear and bell-like. I have never heard a better instrument, and that includes people I know who have shown me their K-brand ukes which to my ear sounded dull and flat compared to my Loprinzi.
Thanks for your input on the LoPrinzi Nova Tenor, Caspar. I am keeping that model in mind, though I’d need the slimmer nut. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any of them come up for re-sale as yet. Enjoy yours!

I've had 2, the first was mahog with a spruce top, I liked it so much that when an all koa came up for sale I bought it. I did a side by side and the spruce top was a little louder and a little crisper. I just liked the more mellower koa plus love the look! The ports are similar to the top side sound port in letting the player hear the uke "voice" better. Sold the spruce top quickly, like you said they don't come up for sale often. I'm a big fan of LoPrinzi ukes (and guitars), great quality builds and sound.

I've had 2, the first was mahog with a spruce top, I liked it so much that when an all koa came up for sale I bought it. I did a side by side and the spruce top was a little louder and a little crisper. I just liked the more mellower koa plus love the look! The ports are similar to the top side sound port in letting the player hear the uke "voice" better. Sold the spruce top quickly, like you said they don't come up for sale often. I'm a big fan of LoPrinzi ukes (and guitars), great quality builds and sound.
Thanks for sharing your experience with both of your Novas. Very helpful info.

I’ve been itching for a NOVA for a long time. I have a Ovangol/spruce that is great. I too, am a big fan of LoPrinzi ukuleles.

Tom

Top Bottom