Blackwood Soprano

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Been some time since I posted any of my work here. I don't do many Soprano's but every one that I've built has surprised me. This one is no exception.

Australian Blackwood with Sapwood bindings and ebony.

Blackwood Soprano2.jpgBlackwood Soprano4.jpgBlackwood Soprano6.jpgBlackwood Soprano7.jpgBlackwood Soprano14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous instrument. I would love to own one of your ukes some day.

Sapwood bindings. What a wonderful idea. I'm working on a concert with sapwood on the top, back and sides. I'm going to borrow your idea Allen. Great looking uke just like all the others you've built.

I always love your instruments. You have an amazing eye for detail and design which brings out the beauty of the wood.

How big the sound is out of such a tiny instrument. There's a video from Corey at The Ukulele Site playing one of mine where he comments Wow....more like a tenor.

That's really interesting. I see on your site that long neck soprano is not listed as an option. I wonder what that would do to this assessment

That's really interesting. I see on your site that long neck soprano is not listed as an option. I wonder what that would do to this assessment

I only build my soprano with a 13.75" scale, and with 14 frets to the body as it puts the bridge pretty much in the centre of the lower bout. I consider it the standard configuration for this instrument. The other size of instruments I adjust the scale length to get the extra frets to body and still keep the bridge in the optimal position.

Top Bottom