WTB: PONO UL Nylon Baritone or NUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLB

Reaction score
Dear all,

Still waiting to put $$$ in your pockets. I'm now extending my search to include the Pono UL Baritone. Perhaps that'll increase available options.

Take care,

Danielle

Hi Danielle,
I have a dead mint Pono BN-30, all solid rosewood and spruce 1st. Model nylon nui. It has gold tuners and a factory installed pickup.
The gold Grover tuners are in the case and Waverly high end pegs are installed in the same holes.
I would not take less than $1200 for it but I will send you pics if you wish. I doubt if you could find a better one.

no worries if you are looking for a cheaper one but keep looking. they turn up occasionally and are worth the wait. Mine has been strung with D'Adarrio classical guitar strings. I tried the Thomastik-Infeld wound nylon trebles but found them too bright but they are way loud.

Last edited:
John,

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like a beautiful instrument! Alas, that is outside of my budget.

Best wishes selling it though. Yes, I'll absolutely keep looking. They're out of stock at HMS and I'm still awaiting word for how long the wait is for a "bare bones" model (which is cheaper). I've bumped some NUI WTB threads from the past few months so I hope this may cause you to get some inquiries from other seekers.

Yep! That's the one, Viking. I've reached out to them and hope to hear soon about shipping costs. I reside in the United States.

Have you had any experience buying an instrument from their shop? If so, where do you live?

Yep! That's the one, Viking. I've reached out to them and hope to hear soon about shipping costs. I reside in the United States.

Have you had any experience buying an instrument from their shop? If so, where do you live?

I have ordered from Southern Ukulele Store several times with good experiences all round. It is one of the most reputable ukulele stores that are in the EU, untill Brexit finalizes. I live in Denmark, in the EU, so It has been an obvious choice for me.

I have ordered from Southern Ukulele Store several times with good experiences all round. It is one of the most reputable ukulele stores that are in the EU, untill Brexit finalizes. I live in Denmark, in the EU, so It has been an obvious choice for me.

Good to know. Thanks for extra information. The Southern Uke Store is always within the first three to come up in my searching lately. Glad you've got a reputable place near you : )

Got an NUI (BN4-1) from Greg Boyd Instruments out of Montana! Greg was extremely generous with his time and knowledge. There's solace in being able to call a shop directly and speak with the owner--at length--over the phone. He even strummed the instrument for me. He anticipates more NUIs soon. For those interested:https://gregboyd.com/about/

Thank you UU for all your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom