Granola Bar Recipe - Food Forum

Mike $

Reaction score
I've been perfecting these for a few years now, and here is the latest and greatest iteration. I hope you try them, they're easy and delicious, and 20 times better than the store brands. You will need a scale or you can eyeball half of an 18oz. box of oats. Good luck

Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 350F and toast the following until nuts are lightly golden:
9oz Rolled or Old Fashioned Oats
1-1/3 cups Chopped Almonds, and/or Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts...I used all of them in equal amounts

In a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring to boil then simmer until sugar dissolves:
2/3 stick of Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup of Honey
1/3 cup of packed Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of real Vanilla Extract
Let the mixture set for 5 minutes

Add to toasted nuts and oats:
1 cup Rice Crispies cereal
1/2 cup chopped Cranberries (the dried type, not fresh)

add the cool mixture to the Oat/Nuts/Fruit mixture and stir until evenly coated.

Spread out evenly on a parchement lined 13X9 inch sheet pan (1/4 sheet pan) and set in oven for 10 minutes and then turn pan 180 degrees every 5 minutes thereafter until edges crisp up to a golden brown color. Allow to cool and cut into whatever size you like to deal with. I like to leave half a dozen in a plastic bag on the counter and the rest in the freezer to take out as needed.

Good luck, enjoy.

Wow! It sounds great! I'm trying to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy food. Thanks for the recipe, I'll check it out!

I like this, but since I'm lactose intolerant, I'll substitute Earth Bound Vegan Unsalted Buttery Sticks. I just used that to make semi-sweet dark chocolate candy cups, came out great.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Looks like a good recipe and similar to some I have done. It is a lot of fun to try different dried fruit, use coconut, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, swap maple syrup for honey, use almond extract instead of vanilla (or in addition). They can be tweaked for your individual tastes

Wow! It sounds great! I'm trying to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy food. Thanks for the recipe, I'll check it out!
I've been perfecting these for a few years now, and here is the latest and greatest iteration. I hope you try them, they're easy and delicious, and 20 times better than the store brands. You will need a scale or you can eyeball half of an 18oz. box of oats. Good luck

Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 350F and toast the following until nuts are lightly golden:
9oz Rolled or Old Fashioned Oats
1-1/3 cups Chopped Almonds, and/or Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts...I used all of them in equal amounts

In a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring to boil then simmer until sugar dissolves:
2/3 stick of Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup of Honey
1/3 cup of packed Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of real Vanilla Extract
Let the mixture set for 5 minutes

Add to toasted nuts and oats:
1 cup Rice Crispies cereal
1/2 cup chopped Cranberries (the dried type, not fresh)

add the cool mixture to the Oat/Nuts/Fruit mixture and stir until evenly coated.

Spread out evenly on a parchement lined 13X9 inch sheet pan (1/4 sheet pan) and set in oven for 10 minutes and then turn pan 180 degrees every 5 minutes thereafter until edges crisp up to a golden brown color. Allow to cool and cut into whatever size you like to deal with. I like to leave half a dozen in a plastic bag on the counter and the rest in the freezer to take out as needed.

Good luck, enjoy.
Sounds great! Just copied it out for my recipe book.

Top Bottom