Season 455 - Zooming

Second up this morning - first take - still with bad hair - Video killed the radio star

Plenty of mistakes in my first entry.
I forgot to check the mic settings, so it's too quiet.
I went for an instrumental choice. I decided to go for Menuet in G, written by Bach. I tried it on a soprano in D6 tuning, which would indeed be in the key of G. My hands didn't like the sudden change to the small scale, so I quickly decided to play it on tenor. I didn't want to tune up a whole step, so it's now in F. I still try to get most of the campanella style of the tabs, but I changed them a bit: https://ukutabs.com/files/bach-minuet-g.jpg

Randy McSorley original. Thank you Randy (Harry122) for always making us smile.

for work, i teach people about statistics at a community college. starting this past spring, all my classes meet in zoom rooms.

pretty much every class, during our break from discussing statistics, i sing a song to my students :p

Pa, thanks so much for hosting your ‘Zooming’ SOTU this week! Seasonista friends, I’ve been trying to figure out this next song I’m sharing by ear; tho it’s far from being anything close to a polished performance, I think it’ll qualify for Pa’s rules AOK! :) My second submission is an abbreviated cover of a Cynthia Lin song titled ‘Aquamarine.’ I just love this tune so much! It’s such a catchy one!!! I can just picture being on the beach strummin’ and singin’ this song! It makes me SO happy to play and sing this! Just like my first entry, ‘Aquamarine’ is also off of the newly released U3 (Cynthia Lin, Abe Lagrimas, Jr., and Ukulenny) album, ‘In Waves.’

Here’s a link to the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPl9l4OkncQ

First go! Plenty mistakes and also my singing is not particularly audible! Enjoy...

Here is my one take (plus subtitles) of a song I wrote between yesterday and today inspired by my personal reaction to what is happening as the results of the US Election are coming in.

Hope you can ignore the mispronunciations, bad scanning and the grunt at the end and enjoy:

Still giddily celebrating the end of our election, I took this challenge to heart--picked a song, looked up some chords, hit "record," and let 'er rip. A little Cat Stevens.

I am soooo tired ya'll. I've worked almost 70 hours this week. I'm actually very appreciative of the theme because now I can't spend too much time working on a video and art which I don't have the energy for anyway ;) So I'm in my scrubs, and after I got home from work I walked to the nicest background I could find ;) Picked a song I knew by heart and only got a little distracted by the jet skis and boats passing by.

This is recorded straight to phone with the on-board mic and uploaded unedited without ever hitting the computer. The season rules didn't say anything about live filters, and as I accidentally demonstrated the one time I made it to the Seasons Zoom session you can run them there. No title card, cause I forgot to draw a manual one and didn't want to post process one in

The acrimony this week in the US is at a high level. I hope it settles down soon and we can get to rebuilding with trust, empathy, and compassion. We could use a return of the National Brotherhood Week, though I hope with a bit more sincerity than Prof. Lehrer's version!

here's the song i brought to this morning's zoom meet
it may appear that i have trimmed the start but iMovie seems to not start recording straight away and thus doesn't show you clicking the record button

Here I am at an open mic singing one of my favorite unexpected ukulele covers at the Funky Frets Uke Fest in October of 2019

Steve brought some EC to the show, so I am going to add my 2-cents to that....

70 degrees in Wisconsin in November. This is very unseasonal and the perfect time to make a 'first take' seasonista video.
Original song entitled "Leave No Trace"

I was being headbutted by a demanding rabbit all through this take of ‘Bed of Roses’…

(He chilled out when I played his favorite song for him next: Eye of the Tiger.)

Molly Malone. I got a bit lost at the end. The softer version of the chorus is the ghost whispering as she pushes the wheelbarrow.

wow - had more videos than i expected this week - which was a pretty big week in many ways - it was so great to see all the contributions and i was especially pleased to see some faces we haven't seen for a while - some classy entries on this last (8th) day too
it is going to be tough to pick a fav out of all the ONEderful music
i have a short list and will try and get a wrap up done tomorrow
thank you all!

Top Bottom