Season 455 - Zooming

pabrizzer

Reaction score

The season stars when it is Sunday Nov 1 in Hawaii and ends when it is no longer Sunday Nov 8 in Hawaii.

Any song you like -one take - NO EDITING - NO POST PRODUCTION - just like a zoom share or an open mic.

3 song limit - new recordings only.

There is a prize for my fav performance.
IMG20201030083935.jpg

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Love the song Brian! Look forward to a great season, warts and all ~

Awesome idea, Brian! You may make me dislike Zoom slightly less.

Looking forward to this week. I hope it includes some real gems. Sort of like a bloopers reel.
Thanks for the great idea. Can't wait to get started.

Looking forward to this week. I hope it includes some real gems. Sort of like a bloopers reel.
Thanks for the great idea. Can't wait to get started.

Ooh ... I can do bloopers!!! (Challenging idea for the week, Brian ... hope I'm up to it!)

Maybe I'll have to Zoom to myself to get the sound breakup and video freezes that are all part of the Zoom experience.

OTOH maybe not. :)

I don't think I have ever added anything to my raw recordings, but it does often take me three or four attempts to get all the way through the song. You remember that bit in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" when Hugh Grant rushes around his flat shouting "f*** f*** f***ity f***"? That's usually me on the first few takes. This week could be good...

I don't think I have ever added anything to my raw recordings, but it does often take me three or four attempts to get all the way through the song. You remember that bit in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" when Hugh Grant rushes around his flat shouting "f*** f*** f***ity f***"? That's usually me on the first few takes. This week could be good...

all your zoom performances that i've seen have been f*** free

Most of my recordings are "Live recordings" with only volume adjustment done to them, but I usually need to choose from 5-7 takes to find the one take that was decent.
Perhaps if I do just one take each of 5 different songs and choose the best, would that be cheating? It would be one take for that particular song...

Most of my videos are uploaded straight from my phone completely untouched. So in this case I've opted against using the on board effects from the Soundwave pickup

I would like to learn some video editing, multi-tracking and what not. So far all my videos have been straight recordings, with errors, bloopers and other imperfections. It's all very wabi sabi.
I have never gone 'live' on YouTube, and I'm thinking that your theme would welcome such an experiment. I might give it a try: cut out the mobile, and record straight into YouTube. That would be as authentic as a Zoom open mic, I think.

firstly i hope you'll excuse my absence from SOTU for the last couple of weeks - i caught the coronavirus and spent a week in bed and then a week convalescing.
All my entries are always non-enhanced, (i wouldn't know how to edit them if i'm being honest), but to make sure i could do it in one take this week i've chosen a two chord song from Hawkwind's 'In Search of Space' album which i first bought 40-odd years ago

I wrote this parody and played it in a Zoom sing around a few months ago. I had hoped that by the end of July I could forget about it. Unfortunately, the song is still relevant.

Most of my recordings are "Live recordings" with only volume adjustment done to them, but I usually need to choose from 5-7 takes to find the one take that was decent.
Perhaps if I do just one take each of 5 different songs and choose the best, would that be cheating? It would be one take for that particular song...

i am really after the immediacy of a zoom meeting or an open mic Mikkel - you tell us what you are bringing and bring it - you've done well on the zooms i've seen - that's what i am requesting this week - not a best of of a variety of takes

I would like to learn some video editing, multi-tracking and what not. So far all my videos have been straight recordings, with errors, bloopers and other imperfections. It's all very wabi sabi.
I have never gone 'live' on YouTube, and I'm thinking that your theme would welcome such an experiment. I might give it a try: cut out the mobile, and record straight into YouTube. That would be as authentic as a Zoom open mic, I think.

i have never gone live to youtube either - you don't need to do that but it would certainly be a right fit for what i'm after - i should have done my intro vid that way....

Last edited:
I have had this song running over and over in my head this week...the only cure is to learn it!

I messed up the number of the season and the end of the song but it was in one take

Well I'm new at this but this seems as good a time as any to join in since I can offer something I've been trying to learn for a while :). I'm not sure I've inflicted my singing (such as it is) on anyone since university, about *mumble* years ago, so I hope it's bearable.

(Please excuse the terrible camera angle, I am shy...)

Top Bottom