Stewmac lining clamps

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was intrigued by these new fangled lining clamps supplied by Stewmac..as these were designed for guitar I realised that they would be too big for my mini sized soprano linings at 6mm X 4mm....So I got the 3 D printers running and an hour later came up with this design...and it works very good holds the linings in place firmly with no gaps as the clamp jaws are an exact fit to the linings.....So now i will make up a few more and try them out on my next build.
E5A24AC2-88FC-43C2-8E45-5A8ED404F315 by Ken Timms,
23DEFD66-E1EF-4D76-80F0-BD159C352024 by Ken Timms,
2BA2B3B1-0E83-46D3-AF16-09FED026287F by Ken Timms,
D560F2EE-C3C2-45E4-9C31-EDCF48FD610A by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
They look the business, Ken. How long before Janet starts using them to hang the washing on the line? :rolleyes:

Very nice. I don't know anything about 3d printing...so...how much does it cost to print one of those?

Very nice. I don't know anything about 3d printing...so...how much does it cost to print one of those?

One of these weighs 3 gram ... a 300 gram spool of plastic filament costs about 14 Euros . then add on the cost of 2 "O" rings 0.1 cents and the amount of electricity for 7 mins printing time.?? I recon approx: 16 EU cents each :)

Stewmac kerfed lining clamps are approx: $3 each :( 3C46E8A5-F9F8-439C-9BEF-5E28B04AEAEE.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent idea and design. Are you going to make the printing file available on Thingiverse or on Ukulele Underground?

Mervin Friesen

One of these weighs 3 gram ... a 300 gram spool of plastic filament costs about 14 Euros . then add on the cost of 2 "O" rings 0.1 cents and the amount of electricity for 7 mins printing time.?? I recon approx: 16 EU cents each :)

Stewmac kerfed lining clamps are approx: $3 each :(

Excellent! Thanks.

Last edited:
Great clamps. Thanks for developing. I had a look on thingiverse but unfortunately could not find them. I tried the link and the "normal" search function.
Yes they seem to have disappeared on thingiverse ?
I am going to have another go at listing them.

Last edited:
That's impressive, Ken. I've always used clothes pegs, but they are not a good fit.

John Colter

I was intrigued by these new fangled lining clamps supplied by Stewmac..as these were designed for guitar I realised that they would be too big for my mini sized soprano linings at 6mm X 4mm....So I got the 3 D printers running and an hour later came up with this design...and it works very good holds the linings in place firmly with no gaps as the clamp jaws are an exact fit to the linings.....So now i will make up a few more and try them out on my next build.

Very nice, yet I still not tempted to get a 3D printer. Clothes pins work fine for me. :D

Top Bottom