8 string Baritone strings

offtheplanet

Reaction score
Hi

I have an 8 string Baritone tuned to dDgGBBEE
It came with Aquila strings which sound a bit dull to me. I would like something more 'chimey' as i prefer fingerstyle
The problem is no one seems to make strings in that tuning
What combination of strings could i use please

Is your 8 string Baritone a Brucewei instrument?
I have a Brucewei 8 string Baritone and even though they claim to come with genuine Aquila Nylgut strings my experience is that they don't.
Anyway, my Brucewei 8 string is quite chimey with real Aquila Nylgut strings fitted.

I have a Kala 8 string baritone. I tried a combo of Worth and Savarez strings on it. I choose Worth because I didn't have to buy a second set to double some of the strings. I used the Savarez for the high D and G strings. Surprisingly, the Worth strings did not do well on the instrument. They sounded dull to me. I went back to the Aquilla for the B & E strings. I may try the Uke Logic strings next time . . . perhaps Hi Tension?

I've commented on this before, but at the risk of sounded redundant, you can go here to see the strings I ended up with: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?147545-Bari-Different

Hi

I have an 8 string Baritone tuned to dDgGBBEE
It came with Aquila strings which sound a bit dull to me. I would like something more 'chimey' as i prefer fingerstyle
The problem is no one seems to make strings in that tuning
What combination of strings could i use please
If I read correctly, you tune your 8-string baritone the "standard" way -- the same as I do. That is: D3/D4 G3/G4 B3/B3 E4/E4 (where "4" denotes a piano's middle C octave).

Here's my favorite custom set, available at StringsByMail as well as StringsAndBeyond:

E4- Savarez KF62 $3.50
E4- Savarez KF62 $3.50
B3- Savarez KF74 $3.50
B3- Savarez KF74 $3.50
G3- Savarez KF81 $3.70
G4- Savarez KF55 $3.50
D3- Savarez KF91 $4.35
D4- Savarez KF64 $3.50

Another excellent 8-string set can be had by buying Mele's Echos of Aloha strings at HERE. On that web page, you will see a drop-down menu-box labeled "Strings." Simply click inside that box and select "Baritone 8-string."

If I read correctly, you tune your 8-string baritone the "standard" way -- the same as I do. That is: D3/D4 G3/G4 B3/B3 E4/E4 (where "4" denotes a piano's middle C octave).

Here's my favorite custom set, available at StringsByMail as well as StringsAndBeyond:

E4- Savarez KF62 $3.50
E4- Savarez KF62 $3.50
B3- Savarez KF74 $3.50
B3- Savarez KF74 $3.50
G3- Savarez KF81 $3.70
G4- Savarez KF55 $3.50
D3- Savarez KF91 $4.35
D4- Savarez KF64 $3.50

Another excellent 8-string set can be had by buying Mele's Echos of Aloha strings at HERE. On that web page, you will see a drop-down menu-box labeled "Strings." Simply click inside that box and select "Baritone 8-string."
I know this is an older thread and u might not have that string set anymore, but if u do, do u mind sharing a short audio of how that custom set sounds? And also are they still your favorite or did u changed your mind ?

thank you

Top Bottom