Pono Solid Mahogany Guilele (MB-6 7847) $600

LarryL

Reaction score
Pono Solid Mahogany Guilele $550 -New Lowered price

I just purchased this instrument from the Uke Site and decided to sell it to someone who will play it. It is a fine instrument, well made, and sounds really sweet, it just doesnt fit into my interests. I was hoping that it would take the place of my Taylor nylon string guitar, but it really doesnt. I have only had it for a month and have played it a few times. I had it professionally set up by a guitar tech/luthier in Tempe Az that I have used for 15 years and does top quality work. It plays great with low action. I have $700 in it and will sell it for $550 shipped to lower 48 only. Feel free to email me with any questions...I realize the pictures are not oriented correctly but my efforts to correct it have not worked.
Thanks for looking !

Sold !

Attachments

• guilele front.jpg
    guilele front.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 158
  • guilele back.jpg
    guilele back.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 64
  • guilele case.jpg
    guilele case.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Doesn't seem to be much interest in 6 string ukes these days. I am not desperate to sell it, but just to repeat, it is in Like New condition and expertly set up I also have a Pono Baritone, which I dearly love. Shoot me a reasonable offer on the above listed Pono,,,I can always say no thanks...:)

I just purchased a Pono MB 6 about three weeks ago. I play Classic guitar and have been playing since 1970s. Getting older my hands can’t make some of the required stretches for Classical guitar music. This little Pono MB 6 allows me to continue playing with less stress on the hands.in the short time I have had it,it has opened up and has wonderful sustain. The string spacing is closer so I had to get use to that. So for what I wanted it worked out great.so sorry it didn’t work out for you.

"I just purchased a Pono MB 6 about three weeks ago. I play Classic guitar and have been playing since 1970s. Getting older my hands can’t make some of the required stretches for Classical guitar music. This little Pono MB 6 allows me to continue playing with less stress on the hands.in the short time I have had it,it has opened up and has wonderful sustain. The string spacing is closer so I had to get use to that. So for what I wanted it worked out great.so sorry it didn’t work out for you."

Ancient member, your situation sounds exactly like mine. I am 73 and been playing since I was 16. My hands and wrists dont seem to be able to do what they once could. sometimes I get impatient with myself and do a knee jerk reaction rather that staying with something and working thru it. The string spacing is indeed my biggest issue...all else is fine with it. Thanks for your post...I will get with it and try it some more to get comfy with it.

Last edited:
Just to let you know I have mine set up with D Addario Pro Arte normal tension strings EJ 45. I am using the G tuning. That would be like a capo on the third fret of a guitar. G-C-F-A#-D-G. That seems to work well for me. Not to low and not to high.

Any interest in a soprano trade + cash?
Sorry I just now noticed your inquiry/response. At this point, I dont think so, I have never owned a soprano but might consider it. Tell me what kind it is, etc.
Thanks for your interest.

Sorry I just now noticed your inquiry/response. At this point, I dont think so, I have never owned a soprano but might consider it. Tell me what kind it is, etc.

I have a Larrivee soprano, (plain ie no binding )
and a Martin S-1

Both are in VG condition, used only at home.
Let me know if you're interested, & I can send photos.

I have a Larrivee soprano, (plain ie no binding )
and a Martin S-1

Both are in VG condition, used only at home.
Let me know if you're interested, & I can send photos.

Thanks for the offer...I think the only trade I would be interested in is for an older Gibson banjo-uke...probably an outside shot on that !

Would be interested in a Gibson banjo uke as a trade...I realize I might have to put in some money to make that happen, and probably an outside shot at anyone interested in such a trade, but worth a try !

I am very tempted to buy this

Tom

It is like new...I dont think you would be disappointed with it...it has a very nice hard shell case as well. How can I raise the temptation bar ? :) Or maybe that should be lower the temptation bar ? Whatever...haha I could do a skype with you so you can see it and hear it that way. I really want to buy a tenor banjo so I will work with you, pack it well and ship it quickly.

Thanks for the offer...I think the only trade I would be interested in is for an older Gibson banjo-uke...probably an outside shot on that !

It is like new...I dont think you would be disappointed with it...it has a very nice hard shell case as well. How can I raise the temptation bar ? :) Or maybe that should be lower the temptation bar ? Whatever...haha I could do a skype with you so you can see it and hear it that way. I really want to buy a tenor banjo so I will work with you, pack it well and ship it quickly.

Hi Larry, I’m not set up Skype, but can do Zoom. You can contact me at cmus1951@gmail.com

Tom

I may be having a problem with the forum Private messages. I sent 2, but they don't show up in my "Sent" folder.
Did you get one or both?

Thanks
George

Yes I got them and responded, just this morning, Thursday, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I the person who purchased this guilele from Larry L.

I'm very pleased with the instrument, and it was a very smooth transaction!

Top Bottom