Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just One Ukulele?

How about a LoPrinzi? She can probably pick up a used one in mint condition in her price range.

Do you have any specifics about what she is looking for? Type of sound? Type of wood? Does she play fingerstyle or primarily strum and sing? What didn't she like about the ones that she has looked at?

I started out thinking all I needed was one and told myself that I wouldn't buy a bunch of ukuleles. But then I decided that I might get a better one, but that would be it. I've done pretty good. I've only bought four ukuleles over seven years and I sold one of those, but saying and doing are two different things. I do know a couple of ukulele players who only have one. Neither of them play much though and neither lives and breaths ukulele.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    How about a LoPrinzi? She can probably pick up a used one in mint condition in her price range.

Do you have any specifics about what she is looking for? Type of sound? Type of wood? Does she play fingerstyle or primarily strum and sing? What didn't she like about the ones that she has looked at?
    She looked at a LoPrinzi that's for sale. She wants a good tenor, solid wood, not mahogany. I haven't heard from her in a couple of days. Maybe she's given up the hunt.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I started out thinking all I needed was one and told myself that I wouldn't buy a bunch of ukuleles. But then I decided that I might get a better one, but that would be it. I've done pretty good. I've only bought four ukuleles over seven years and I sold one of those, but saying and doing are two different things. I do know a couple of ukulele players who only have one. Neither of them play much though and neither lives and breaths ukulele.
    I admire your will power. I'm attracted to ukes that are different.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I admire your will power. I'm attracted to ukes that are different.
    Actually there is no willpower involved. It isn't like I'm not buying ukuleles to somehow nobly deprive myself. If I wanted another one I would certainly buy it.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I don't know if this has come up, but does anyone have just one ukulele?

I've been helping a woman find a ukulele. She wants a "good quality" tenor, solid wood, for $500. I've offered several ideas, but she's still looking. She says it will be her one and only. Is it possibly to be a ukulele player and have just one uke?
    My son, a recent college graduate, evacuated from the Peace Corps and therefore with his life on pandemic hold, has just one, though he was looking into making one and likes the sound of mango. His is Asian Koa.

She looked at a LoPrinzi that's for sale. She wants a good tenor, solid wood, not mahogany. I haven't heard from her in a couple of days. Maybe she's given up the hunt.
    LoPrinzis aren't all mahogany, (some use other woods, I think), but are good quality, IMO, and are solid wood. But, they might not be what hits the right note, (pun intended), with her.

I don't think I would want only one ukulele. I play both reentrant and linear, so would want at least 2.
    In reality, I have more than 2. I try to talk myself into selling something, but so far, none will be leaving the nest. I play them all regularly.

I don't really have UAS anymore, though, after a stretch of definite UAS. I'm very happy with what I have. I've got the size and neck that works for me sorted out, and have ukuleles that sound great to me and that I enjoy playing. I enjoy looking, though, and sometimes do have the urge to buy, but have kept that in check so far.

As the pandemic rages on, and more time will be spent at home, I sometimes rationalize that buying another one to entertain myself during this time is reasonable, though. :-)

But, unless something special comes along, I'm good with what I have.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question...

Scooter
    Martin Konter Uke Style 1K soprano
    Late 40's Martin Style 1 soprano
    Soprano Martin Backpacker Ukulele
    Soprano Uke Can Change The World Flea
    Soprano Firefly (wood fretboard)
    iUke Bound Natural Pineapple piccolo mini
    Concert Tie-Dye Flea (wood fretboard)
    Concert Eddy Finn moon and Stars
    Concert Oscar Schmidt Mousekulele
    Tenor Koa Fluke (wood fretboard)
    Tenor Mainland Mahogany slothead

"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a Ukulele."
    ~Linus Van Pelt~

I often have just one...but that one is a revolving door.

Thread Information