Leaving tuner on headstock

My problem with clip-on tuners is that most of them eventually develop an annoying buzz or rattle so I only attach them when actually tuning. I leave a tuner clipped to my music stand so it's always available when playing (which now is only at home, so no danger of losing or misplacing the tuner).

(which now is only at home, so no danger of losing or misplacing the tuner).
You're not trying hard enough. In last weekend's clean-up I found four tuners within about 2m from my bedside table. I'd blame the cats, but that doesn't explain why I can't find my glasses.

As I close the top, I use my finger to start to tuck it to the side of the uke. So far, it's worked just fine.

Sorry, I missed this reply and also misread your original comment. It seems you were talking about impressions made by pressure, in which case tucking the strap to the side makes sense. I was worried about some sort of reaction with the finish. While I’ve seen finishes having strange chemical reactions to case linings, I suppose worrying about the strap is unnecessary. I was thinking I’m in the clear since my case lids don’t put that much pressure on the ukes, but now I have to go check my ukes that are sitting in cases that are stacked on top of each other.

Top Bottom