Happy Anniversary! - KoAloha NUD

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I like anniversary models of ukuleles, and I was fortunate to find a 25th anniversary KoAloha tenor on the Fleamarket site. It arrived in a sturdy case with low-G and two humidifiers. Naturally, it looks and sounds beautiful.

A friend of a friend asked me to find her a tenor uke, so I've been looking, unfortunately. With my minimal sales resistance, I wound up buying seven ukes in October. No more buying!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

And, I heard the stuff grows on trees!

I just got my 25th anniversary tenor and I have not been able to put it down.
019771BE-CFD1-4B88-8CF4-9995A37B6154.jpg
D2070E95-601B-44A2-A189-98C773F097A8.jpg

A friend of a friend asked me to find her a tenor uke, so I've been looking, unfortunately. With my minimal sales resistance, I wound up buying seven ukes in October. No more buying!

Jerryc41 you have definitely been the most prolific NUD post-er over the last two months.

Congrats on this beautiful ukulele! Hopefully, I'll be around when you decide to purge your collection of a few ukes...

Last edited:
So what are you up to, Jerry - Have you hit 100 yet?

So what are you up to, Jerry - Have you hit 100 yet?

Funny you should ask. I figured I had 91, counting one that is coming after January. Going through my lists, I see I have 95. I'm in the process of finishing one and I have another one in mind.

But why would anyone need a hundred ukuleles? That's ridiculous. :D

Last edited:
Lovely anniversary Ko'Aloha. Congrats.

If I remember correctly you now have a Crown Bridge; a Ko'Aloha KTM-00; and the Anniversary model tenor. Does the anniversary one have the new bracing and neck/bridge?

If it does, then will you do a comparison review? That would be very interesting to read and hear even if you just played each string open & separately and as a C6 strum.

Just a thought. No pressure or anything. :rolleyes:

Wow Jerry, 91 ukes! Do you have a favorite size? And which one, if even possible, do you consider your best sounding uke?

Funny you should ask. I figured I had 91, counting one that is coming after January. Going through my lists, I see I have 96. I'm in the process of finishing one and I have another one in mind.

But why would anyone need a hundred ukuleles? That's ridiculous. :D

Nobody needs a hundred; but everybody wants to see if you can reach 100!
If you have 100 ukes, then you can say "I have 100 ukes". Now, isn't that worth it?

JK, of course you are too smart to fall for peer pressure. Just go about normally, and I think you'll naturally reach 100 before middle of 2021.

Lovely anniversary Ko'Aloha. Congrats.

If I remember correctly you now have a Crown Bridge; a Ko'Aloha KTM-00; and the Anniversary model tenor. Does the anniversary one have the new bracing and neck/bridge?

If it does, then will you do a comparison review? That would be very interesting to read and hear even if you just played each string open & separately and as a C6 strum.

Just a thought. No pressure or anything. :rolleyes:

Yes, I did have a Crown Bridge, but I sold it. No regrets. No complaints - I just mean someone wanted it, and I agreed to sell it.

Nobody needs a hundred; but everybody wants to see if you can reach 100!
If you have 100 ukes, then you can say "I have 100 ukes". Now, isn't that worth it?

JK, of course you are too smart to fall for peer pressure. Just go about normally, and I think you'll naturally reach 100 before middle of 2021.

It used to be that when people asked how many I had, I thought it was funny to say 25 or 38 or 50. Now it's gotten to the point where I'm almost embarrassed. I have 96 now, with a build just about finished, and I already started on another one, so that will make it 98 before 2021.

Wow Jerry, 91 ukes! Do you have a favorite size? And which one, if even possible, do you consider your best sounding uke?

Not surprisingly, I miscounted. I actually have 96 now. Lots of them are best-sounding - all the Hawaiian K brands, The Rebel, Cocobolo, etc. The least nice is a banjo uke I made. The neck angle isn't right, so I'll have to adjust that. I like the sound of low-G, but I also like high G. If ukes came in just one size, I'd be satisfied, but I like switching sizes when I'm playing. I have from sopranissimo to tenor. No favorite size.

Top Bottom