Review: Paisen Rosewood Concert Ukulele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This week I looked at the Paisen Rosewood Concert Ukulele. If it is familiar, Barry Maz reviewed it back in May (https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/05/paisen-rosewood-concert-ukulele-review.html).

Mine was pretty well built overall; I liked the binding and the fretboard. I'm not a big fan of the oak leaf/grape leaf/fighting fish...and when you compare the Paisen to Ovation, you'll see that it is pretty clearly a fighting fish (the design is different than Ovation).

My biggest issue was intonation...which ended up being the strings. I don't normally do "updates" to a review, but everything else seemed right and I had to try different strings. Once the strings were replaced, my biggest complaint remains the lack of side position markers.

So...below...the full UkeGuide Review (long-winded...use the chapters to view what you want to see), One Minute Review, and an Update (following a change of strings). The actual printed one page review can be found on my blog (ukestuff.info or ukeguide.info).

Top Bottom