Season 456 - In Sequence

i'll claim the chord sequence option for this paoriginal
it's one of those songs that just keeps the same chord sequence through the whole song - in this case Dm F C G (0033 on the bari which is neither major nor minor) Dm

HELP!
How do I chop off the last minute or two of a Youtube video? I made it through the first 3 songs and $#%@&ed up the last one.

Please don't tell me to do the whole thing over.

HELP!
How do I chop off the last minute or two of a Youtube video? I made it through the first 3 songs and $#%@&ed up the last one.

Please don't tell me to do the whole thing over.

there are editing tools in youtube somewhere - google it
go to edit video and then 'Editor' in the list of options on the left

Thanks Pa.

These are the first 4 songs from the first LP by The Jim Kweskin Jug Band, Unblushing Brassiness. I bought this album in 1963or1964 and I still play a bunch of songs that I learned from it.

1 - Washington At Valley Forge - Jack Yellen/Milton Ager
2 - Sweet Sue - Victor Young/Will Harris
3 - Overseas Stomp - Will Shade (Memphis Jug Band)
4 - Coney Island Washboard - Claude Shugart/Hampton Durand/Jerry Adams/Ned Nestor

456 a.jpg
456 b.jpg

And here's the last song:

I did a parody of this song called Stradivarius Washboard in an earlier season.

This started as a glass washboard someone gave me. I got rid of the glass and replaced it with a license plate that was screwed on a shelf in the basement when we moved in 35 years ago and an old oven grill that our appliance repairman gave me.

Converted glass washboard.jpg

Last edited:
I have recorded both of these before for the Seasons, I think one was for a Season dedicated to Randy, when this wonderful fella was still with us, it may have been Turtledrum’s season. The other I can’t remember whose season it was, possibly Val’s but don’t quote me on either of those. This come from the “impossible to think of one without thinking of the other” category. McCartney’s lovely sweet song I Will is the penultimate song on side 2 of The Beatles (The White Album if you prefer). The little guitar figure you hear in I Will is very similar to one in My Best Friend’s Girl by The Cars, ( I assume it was pinched by them :cool:). This leads directly onto one of Lennon’s most affecting, moving songs, Julia. It’s such an intimate, personal song I almost feel I have no right to sing it, only Lennon does. But this is the second time I’ve sung it on seasons, so go figure. I used the Acapella app for Julia so I could double track it.

Incidentally, I Will is played here on tenor uke, Julia on Bari. Sadly you can’t see either so you’ll have to take my word for it that I’m playing them.

Last edited:
Hello again, Ryan, herewith is the second of three consecutive tracks from "Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits" album. A word of warning, this is not a song to sing when your voice completely lacks the quality of Linda R's and is further impeded by the fact that you are getting a cold! However, it was the second on my list, so it HAD to be done! (I also apologise for the flickering at the very beginning of the video, due to fluctuating light levels. Ye gods ... is there anything else I can say to put you off?)

Last edited:
Hi Ryan and thank you for a thought-provoking theme. I've always loved Texas Trilogy, a trio of songs on Lyle Lovett's 1998 Step Inside This House album. These three were written by Texas singer/songwriter Steven Fromholz in 1967, and are meant to be listened to back-to-back. The first, Daybreak, sets the scene of the trio, introducing the listener to the small town. The second, Train Ride, is the narrator's memory of when he was a boy and the train still ran through the small town of Kopperl, Texas. The third, Bosque County Romance, tells the story of Mary Archer, the wife of a cattleman and the mother of many children, and of the hard life that ranching can be. The third piece ends with a partial repeat of the first, as Fromholz closes the circle. I hope you enjoy.

Texas Trilogy, 1. Daybreak

I haven't looked at the playlist yet, but I would not be surprised if this one had been done. It premiered in 1973 as Schoolhouse Rock, S1 E1. I was probably watching at the time.

This was hard. I hoped that by singing Florence & the Machine I might be inspired to give the vocals a bit more volume! Songs are in sequence on the album and follow on from each other in themes of love, sex, and violence.

Greetings,

Wow. This ones a tough assignment! Still trying.....

:)

Sorry again guys. Life got in the way again a bit yesterday but I'm all caught up and I'm blown away by how you guys are embracing what is admittedly not the most accessible theme.

I'm in all day today and tomorrow so please do keep them coming!

Life is a sequence of events. In this song I outline the four major phases of our lives, childhood, adolescence, maturity and old age and wonder why we spend so much time in each phase waiting for the next one instead of living the moment.

I recorded a version outside of the Seasons some years back, but that was a draft. This is the definitive one.

Hope you enjoy:

SOTU 456 - "Candyman & Ripple" - Grateful Dead. Tracks 5 & 6 from my favorite album "American Beauty" (1970). I did a cover of "Operator," which was Track 4 from the record in a previous season. Thanks again to Kev and Xing Xing (who wanted to sit in on drums) for helping out. Sorry about the vocal level - used a mic, but still lacked volume. I'll work on that.

Top Bottom