the Lesley Fowkes original festive season song 'competition'

pabrizzer

Reaction score
bring your freshly written festive season songs and post them here
no prize - we are bringing them for Lesley
for songs written from now until 12 midnight December 24 2020
and freshly recorded versions of Lesley's Tread Softly to the Manger are welcome and encouraged

Here is a collaboration between me and my friend (and occasional theatrical partner) Pep Lopez. He wrote the original song in Catalan and then asked songwriters he knew who spoke various languages to translate the song so he could sing it in other languages. Here is my illustrated "guide track" for him so he could hone his pronunciation.

This Xmas will be hard for Lesley's family... But I hope they temper their sadness by celebrating the life of a remarkable woman and a truly human being. I dearly miss her.

I hope you enjoy

Here is a collaboration between me and my friend (and occasional theatrical partner) Pep Lopez. He wrote the original song in Catalan and then asked songwriters he knew who spoke various languages to translate the song so he could sing it in other languages. Here is my illustrated "guide track" for him so he could hone his pronunciation.

This Xmas will be hard for Lesley's family... But I hope they temper their sadness by celebrating the life of a remarkable woman and a truly human being. I dearly miss her.

I hope you enjoy

Terrific song Pep and i appreciate you bringing it here Berni - i did enjoy!

There is always room for a new recording of this great song:

Thank you Wim - I'll be bringing mine along shortly.....

Thank you Wim - I'll be bringing mine along shortly.....
Me too. And maybe an original, which popped into my head while out walking today - mustn't let it vanish again...

The Promise of Christmas was Peace and goodwill towards all men.
I wrote this song a few years ago, and what with isolation and social
distancing it seems to have taken on a new relevance due to the
separation that exists between families and communities.

Last edited:
Here's my 2020 recording of Lesley's beautiful song.

One thing I will always remember about Lesley was her sense of humour. I'd like to think this one would give her a chuckle.

Top Bottom