Marton 1930's like new condition - best you will find in a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinfowler

Reaction score
Looking to sell this Martin - plays as you would expect from a fine Martin. Really looks like it has never been played in its entire life.

$700 or best offer - need the space for new Uke's so make me an offer.

Looking for payment via PayPal. Check the link below for pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/90hhkf3s6328mxa/AACwEbvOocrwtHOZpyaeGZfma?dl=0

Martin Soprano - Style 1. Mint condition. I think it even has the original tuners in perfect (working) condition. Not a mark on this. As new a condition as you will find for a 1930's Martin. No cracks, splits, repairs or dents or scratches. Comes with original cardboard box, tuning pipe and some paper clippings from the 30's (that were in the box when I got it. $700 USD (I am in Australia so $100 freight to US via fedex and free freight to anywhere in Aus via courier). ONO.

Last edited:
The Dropbox link is not working (for me at least)

Somebody asked me in a PM how to date the Martin and if such a vintage instrument would be good to play - I am sure some greater Martin experts than me can give some feedback on this.

Somebody asked me in a PM how to date the Martin and if such a vintage instrument would be good to play - I am sure some greater Martin experts than me can give some feedback on this.

Often, the logo, inside stamp and type of tuning machines help to narrow down the age. Can you add a good pic of the tuners?

Often, the logo, inside stamp and type of tuning machines help to narrow down the age. Can you add a good pic of the tuners?

And the frets viewed from the side of the neck, please..

My guess from the pics is 1950's to 1960's .

I could not open that link.

Nice instrument. I would guess from the tuners that is from the 50s. Good luck with it!

Last edited:
Added one more photo of the original box and items it came with. Looks like it was bought from the Stamford school of music store they year it opened. Maybe somebody knows that year?

Those fret look like bar frets if so it is from the mid to late 30s

Agreed. Otherwise I would've guessed that it's a younger instrument considering the excellent condition, pristine logo, etc. (not sure about the tuners, they might not be the original ones) but the bar frets suggest 30s.

Yeah perhaps they are replacement tuners, as I don't think they are from that era. I believe they started adding the decal around 33? Does anyone know when they switched from bar frets? I don't have that info handy. All of that together should narrow it down

I think the condition of this one is due to it being bought and then sitting in the box for most of its life. It came wrapped in the original cardboard box with the original tissue paper packaging. There are no strum marks or any playing marks. To be honest I am selling it as it seems too good to play! I have a more beaten Type 2 Martin that I am keeping to play.

This one is as close as you could get to a bran new vintage Martin.

Condition

I think the condition of this one is due to it being bought and then sitting in the box for most of its life. It came wrapped in the original cardboard box with the original tissue paper packaging. There are no strum marks or any playing marks. To be honest I am selling it as it seems too good to play! I have a more beaten Type 2 Martin that I am keeping to play.

This one is as close as you could get to a bran new vintage Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom