Cali Rose and The CC strummers - Brand New Day

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
A few weeks ago the leader of my seniors uke group, Cali Rose, asked if I could put together a video of her doing one of her songs, "Brand New Day" and have any willing members of the group sing a long. I put out the word with her audio track and instructions on making their own videos, 18 people submitted. I'm playing a RondoMusic.com Hadean walnut bass uke with Aquila Thundergut strings, which are soon to be Road Toad Pahoehoe. Cali is using a custom Ko‘olau low g tenor.

I used Final Cut Pro 10.4.10 on my recently purchased Mac Mini with a 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7, 64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM and two 19" Dell monitors that rotate. All effects are done natively in Final Cut Pro, no plugins.

The video files are stored on an 8TB RAID 0 array made up of two 4 bay NVMe boxes with 1TB NVMe SSD cards in each slot, attached to two Thunderbolt 3 ports to get the maximum read/write speeds. My MacBook Pro 17" with a 2TB eSata SSD ran about 490, the Mac Mini runs about 3400.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
I enjoyed that! Cheers to all of you, and another Brand New Day!

That was so much fun to watch! Thanks for sharing it with us, Mike.

Top Bottom