Hi from Ireland!

Hanna2233

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to ukulele, I've just started learning playing it. I should say, it is great that so many people like this instrument :).

Welcome to UU, Hanna2233!

There are so many sides to the ukulele that it is dazzling. Starting out strumming and learning chords is enough of a challenge for most new players. However, if you're having fun and want to explore early in your learning, then I'd strongly encourage you not to wait too long to get into fingerpicking. Once you know and are happy with Am, F, C and G then repeat them with 'travis picking'. There is currently another thread about patterns and such. It is lots of fun!

Hi Hanna2233,

Welcome to the UU Forum. We hope you enjoy yourself here. Playing the ukulele is fun. Playing the uke with others is even more funner! ;)

My wife and I spent 10 days in your lovely Republic of Ireland a couple of years ago. Everyone was friendly and welcoming and the music was fantastic. Y'all actually like Americans!

Freshly brewed Guinness is wonderful.

Thanks for the warm greetings! I'm glad to be a part of this community!

Really helpful people in this group. Welcome.
I loved visiting Ireland a few years back. It's beautiful.

Welcome to UU. The events of the last 4 years here have made me want to move to Ireland. I'm half Irish. I love doing Irish folk songs!

Top Bottom