Alpine Swiss Spruce and Figured Sapele Tenor

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Another tenor on it's way to Hawaii today. This one using some of the private stock I've had stashed away for years. All trim is Indian Rosewood. Australian Blackwood rosette.

Sapele-Swiss Spruce Tenor7.jpgSapele-Swiss Spruce Tenor8.jpgSapele-Swiss Spruce Tenor10.jpgSapele-Swiss Spruce Tenor13.jpgSapele-Swiss Spruce Tenor14.jpg

That is a exceptionally beautiful ukulele. I’m sure the sound matches it’s great looks. Nice choice of wood and I’ve never seen Sapele that dark. Did you stain it that colour? Anyways, sure is a nice contrast with wood and detail is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

I've always had a love hate relationship with the golden tuners. Sometimes I think it is just too much, but on this uke they really work...

Do you notice any difference with the Alpine spruce top or does it just sound like spruce. I've always been tempted to try it. I'm assuming you are talking about Picea abies aka Norway spruce.

I've always had a love hate relationship with the golden tuners. Sometimes I think it is just too much, but on this uke they really work...

Do you notice any difference with the Alpine spruce top or does it just sound like spruce. I've always been tempted to try it. I'm assuming you are talking about Picea abies aka Norway spruce.

You need it to look classy first to pull off gold tuners, in my opinion.

That is a exceptionally beautiful ukulele. I’m sure the sound matches it’s great looks. Nice choice of wood and I’ve never seen Sapele that dark. Did you stain it that colour? Anyways, sure is a nice contrast with wood and detail is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

No stain. All natural .

I think this one is much more harp like tone than what I expect of of say Sitka.

You always make the nicest looking rosettes!

Beautiful work!

Top Bottom