Thread: WTB LFDM Selmer style Tenor Ukulele

Default WTB LFDM Selmer style Tenor Ukulele

Please let me know if you have one of these beauties and are willing to part with it. Spruce top preferred, but, not required.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    DaSilva James Hill model Tenor, Mya-Moe Mahogany 6-string, Beansprout Tenor Banjolele, Mya-Moe Super Soprano Redwood/Walnut, Mya Moe Striped Myrtle Tenor Tradition, Mya Moe Curly Koa Tenor Resonator , Favilla B-2 Mahoghany Baritone, Blackbird Farallon, Kala Ubass, Outdoor Ukulele

www.kevincarroll.net

I had this made by Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam to my specs about 7 years ago, $780 delivered to Los Angeles. It came out really well.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I think the letters LFDM mean pretty specifically an instrument built by Luis Feu de Mesquita.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    I think the letters LFDM mean pretty specifically an instrument built by Luis Feu de Mesquita.
    Yea......if I am asking to buy a Porsche that’s what I want, not something else that’s kinda looks like a Porsche.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thanks for the input!
    LFDM is what I am looking for. I have gotten a couple of solid leads, but, hope for a couple more choices.
    DaSilva James Hill model Tenor, Mya-Moe Mahogany 6-string, Beansprout Tenor Banjolele, Mya-Moe Super Soprano Redwood/Walnut, Mya Moe Striped Myrtle Tenor Tradition, Mya Moe Curly Koa Tenor Resonator , Favilla B-2 Mahoghany Baritone, Blackbird Farallon, Kala Ubass, Outdoor Ukulele

www.kevincarroll.net

I thought that I'd mention that I have a Blackbird Farallon w/MiSi pickup and a Mya-Moe Striped Myrtle Tenor w/K&K pickup that I'd be open to including if interested.
    If not, I'll be putting them up for sale after I find an LFDM.

www.kevincarroll.net

Well, I have to say that I don't have one for sale, but I do have one. It has a unique rosette (I understand that Luis said he was never going to make one like this again - too hard.) I got it used, and it has some minor finish discoloration. But man, oh man, the best sounding uke I have ever played - and I have played a few. Keep searching. Tenor.jpg

Thanks, greenie 44!
    I think I have found a very similar uke.

www.kevincarroll.net

Luis Feu de Mesquita makes uniquely beautiful ukuleles and guitars.

I can only speak to the tenor ukulele Selmer-style model. It's very easy to play. Extremely comfortable. Has wonderful sound. I have never heard one in person or in a video I didn't like. Regardless of the wood combinations. And is responsible for somewhat changing my opinion of wound strings towards the positive. (Great for fingerstyle. Still not sold on them for strumming.) Really remarkable instruments.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information