WTB LFDM Selmer style Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukulele64

Reaction score
Please let me know if you have one of these beauties and are willing to part with it. Spruce top preferred, but, not required.

Thanks,
Kevin

I had this made by Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam to my specs about 7 years ago, $780 delivered to Los Angeles. It came out really well.

Gypsy full 800.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I think the letters LFDM mean pretty specifically an instrument built by Luis Feu de Mesquita.

I think the letters LFDM mean pretty specifically an instrument built by Luis Feu de Mesquita.

Yea......if I am asking to buy a Porsche that’s what I want, not something else that’s kinda looks like a Porsche.

Thanks for the input!
LFDM is what I am looking for. I have gotten a couple of solid leads, but, hope for a couple more choices.

I thought that I'd mention that I have a Blackbird Farallon w/MiSi pickup and a Mya-Moe Striped Myrtle Tenor w/K&K pickup that I'd be open to including if interested.
If not, I'll be putting them up for sale after I find an LFDM.

Well, I have to say that I don't have one for sale, but I do have one. It has a unique rosette (I understand that Luis said he was never going to make one like this again - too hard.) I got it used, and it has some minor finish discoloration. But man, oh man, the best sounding uke I have ever played - and I have played a few. Keep searching. Tenor.jpg

Luis Feu de Mesquita makes uniquely beautiful ukuleles and guitars.

I can only speak to the tenor ukulele Selmer-style model. It's very easy to play. Extremely comfortable. Has wonderful sound. I have never heard one in person or in a video I didn't like. Regardless of the wood combinations. And is responsible for somewhat changing my opinion of wound strings towards the positive. (Great for fingerstyle. Still not sold on them for strumming.) Really remarkable instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom