season 457 - i do like to be beside the seaside!

Wrong country and wrong sea, but here's the third short one from the seaside in northeast England:

And a photo just before the sun started to set:
View attachment 130803
lovely pic!

There are two beaches I really miss lately, the Ocean City, New Jersey beach...

View attachment 130804
By Dough4872 - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0

and the Oregon coast...
View attachment 130805
By Cacophony edit by Noodle snacks - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0

At least it's nice to visit them in my imagination <3
thank you for those! this has been a wonderful week to visit beaches, through the pics and vids people have shared, as well as through all the great songs! huge thanks to everyone who has ventured out to get seaside footage especially for the season, or posted other pics and vids of beaches, it has all felt like a holiday, even to me, landlocked here in harlesden!

another great day's viewing and listening for me today, thank you all so much! counting down the hours now until the end of the season :( and just in case that doesn't make you feel sad enough, here is another host vid! :rolleyes:

Wow thank you for that lovely song ms bean, what a perfect end to the season! Yes, this wonderful week is over. Thank you all so much for all the amazing songs, vids and pics that you've brought me, it's been such a lovely week to host, you've all transported me to the seaside in the most wonderful ways!

I will be back soon with a wrap, let me leave you with a gorgeous add that del did to my "distant shore" song - synth heaven, thank you so much del!

Cheers for hosting this one Lynda. Here's a short vid of Wesleys favourite morning/afternoon walk (In the distance Isle of Wight to the left and the Purbecks /Old Harry's Rock to the even farther right of me)

Last edited:
Cheers for hosting this one Lynda. Here's a short vid of Wesleys favourite morning/afternoon walk (In the distance Isle of Wight to the left and the Purbecks /Old Harry's Rock to the even farther right of me)

oh wow thank you so much for that!!! please tell wes i enjoyed that almost as much as he did!!!

Great theme and season Lynda - thanks so much! :)
thank YOU!!!

***WRAP***

well, what an amazing season! so many great songs, so many wonderful vids and pics, thank you to everyone for making this such a very lovely week!

i wish i had a pevensey bay teddy bear key ring for everyone! everyone deserves one! but i've had to try and narrow every gem of a vid and song down to just 4 winners - yes, that's an extra winner, and an extra pevensey bay teddy bear, because i simply could not narrow my final 4, down to 3!

first of all, a big thank you to everyone. every single vid and song and picture and clip of beach footage made this week the treat it was, for the ears and the eyes!

huge thanks to the people who went out in all weathers to get some brand new, fresh off the camera, seaside video for the week! i loved it all so much and i really appreciate the effort you went to, to do this for me! also thank you everyone who posted seaside vids and pics they already had, or went scouring the interweb for the perfect images and footage. this season really was a visual delight!

i've put together some playlists, i've really appreciated when hosts have done this lately, i think it's a great idea, so i'm stealing it!

first up here is a playlist of some of the songs that came with such wonderful video footage of the seaside, we've got vids by mr poole :rock:, brian fergus, jtsteam, val, del, geoff, uke4ia, ryan, kimi and kev, and ms bean here... if you want a visual feast, as well as many lovely songs, go straight here!
SEASON 457 GREAT BEACH VISUALS PLAYLIST

next up is a playlist of other shout outs... del with his gorgeous original song "upon this shore", PHjimY with a very lovely song by bernie martin, "one last dance", ryan with a fantastic performance of "smooth" by santana, and ms bean with a wonderful bring of a wonderful song "the forsaken mermaid"
SEASON 457 SHOUT OUTS PLAYLIST

and on to the winners. like i say, this was the toughest week, to try and narrow down to just a few winners! but someone has gotta win the bears!!!!!!! and the winners are...

val with the lyric version of "stranger on the shore". i love the tune, and i love the song version, and she brought it all fabulously

ukavocal aka stanley, with "ebb tide". gorgeous bring of this exquisitely lovely song

ceejay with the instrumental version of "stranger on the shore", a super multi-instrument bring, with an amazing :bowdown: clarinet performance

and berni with "driftwood", a wonderful original song, and a brilliant accompanying video

***SEASON 457 WINNERS PLAYLIST***

VAL, STANLEY, CEEJAY AND BERNI - PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESSES

what a great week! i have a little wrap song to leave you with, i hope you enjoyed the week, i certainly did - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

and oh, DUH! i forgot another playlist! it's called "hilarity" and these vids are so clever and funny and they made me laugh out loud! kolibri uker, ceejay, and weegingayin - thank you so much for all the giggles! people, if you wanna get cheered up, go here at once!

SEASON 457 HILARITY PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Thank you for the shout-outs and for a fab season, Lynda! And well done everyone - a great week of music! :)

Thanks for hosting a great season Lynda! There really were some fabulous vids this week ~

Thanks so much for this spectacularly sandy week, Lynda .... and thanks even more for making me a winner (totally undeserved, but very much appreciated!) Congrats to all the winners and shout-outs. Time to put the bucket and spade away till next summer.

Thanks so much for this spectacularly sandy week, Lynda .... and thanks even more for making me a winner (totally undeserved, but very much appreciated!) Congrats to all the winners and shout-outs. Time to put the bucket and spade away till next summer.

No, not 'totally undeserved', on the contrary, those animations and vintage footage always make your contributions stand out!

Congrats to all the winners! Thanks Lynda!

Oooh, thanks for picking me as a winner. It's strange, sometimes the songwriter is the last one to rate their own songs. I had thought of my contribution as being a bit of a "throwaway" song this week - but it has garnered some of the best comments I have had in ages and was declared a winner. So what do I know? I only write them! :D

Crikey pots a squeaky stick, a dodgy bari guilele and a badly beaten djembe, and it won a prize. Wow, thanks, that is most welcome and flattering. Congrats to the other winners as well. Thanks.

Top Bottom