Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: season 457 - i do like to be beside the seaside!

Default season 457 - i do like to be beside the seaside!

welcome to season 457 of the ukulele!

it's true - i DO like to be beside the seaside! so please bring me songs and instrumentals about, or that mention, the shore - that magical place where land and sea meet.

if you can, i'd love to see seaside-y pics and video footage, in your vids - places you've been, or pics and vids off the net, or your own seaside-y art.

prizes will be a pevensey bay bear keyring - there are three up for grabs. (you can see them right at the end of the intro vid.)

please only post new vids, recorded for this season.

no song limit.

season starts midnight saturday night, 14th november, and runs for 8 days, til midnight sunday night, 22nd november, all times hawaii time.

have fun!

sea you soon :-)

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 11-14-2020 at 05:56 AM. Reason: add playlist link
    lynda

acid skiffle

.....so knot your hankies & roll up your trousers.....
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Oh yes, bonus points for all that sort of thing!!!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Do songs that mention a seaside town qualify? Thanks for the early post, I lose the will after 9 o’clock :-)

Gosh, you're early, Lynda! I was brought up beside the seaside, beside the sea ... so I am eminently qualified to participate. Ah, yes, I can smell the seaweed already ...
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

What about songs from bands with a seasidey name?
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just spent ages typing replies on my phone and when i posted it was all garbled and edited down to a couple of lines so here i am *and breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethe!* on the jolly old laptop. oh wait it's just as bad on the laptop - WOT IS GOING ON???
    lynda

acid skiffle

mebbe having problems quoting???

in answer to graham...

yes i think a seaside town mention should be enough to suggest sufficient seaside-y-ness! and i'm quite the night owl but sometimes even i have to go to bed before a theme goes up! so i like to post nice and early, plus it gives me a chance to answer any questions, on saturday evening...
    Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 11-14-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    lynda

acid skiffle

in answer to val...

indeed, let the season transport us both, to eastbourne, pevensey bay, and brighton, through the medium of song

in answer to ryan...

i'd really like the song itself to have at least some reference to, or mention of, the seaside, but if the band's name is also seaside-y that would be a wonderful bonus!
    lynda

acid skiffle

I have a feeling that someone is going to beat me to the song I want to play, but fair warning, I am going to play it anyway :-)
    After missing a couple of seasons because of a busy schedule, it is nice to know exactly what to do.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Thread Information