RECIPE - Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Candy Cups (also can be Vegan)

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
I had a small amount of cocoa powder left over in a can, so I looked at making something simple and found this recipe online today. Since I'm lactose intolerant, I substituted Earth Bound Vegan Unsalted Buttery Stick, which I have on hand, for unsalted butter, I don't have any coconut items.

1/2 c cocoa powder (I used Whole Foods organic)
1/4 c melted coconut oil or coconut milk or unsalted butter (I used vegan unsalted butter)
2 Tbsp honey or more to be sweeter (I used dark maple syrup)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I used Whole Foods organic)
pinch of sea salt (I used kosher salt)

1. Melt the coconut oil (or other) in a small pot over the stove top on a low heat.
2. Once melted, remove the oil from the heat and add the cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, sea salt and any additional flavors you want to add.
3. Whisk everything completely until there are no remaining lumps of cocoa powder and the sweetener has dissolved into the chocolate mixture. (As I did this, I found it to be very thick, so I added a small amount of almond milk, really helped.)
4. Pour the chocolate into silicone molds (paper cups will help extract them and keep your fingers clean) or a lined baking pan, and add any additional items, (I added dried sweetened cranberries and a candied pecan.)
5. Put in the freezer for at about 45-60 minutes or in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Once they've hardened, pop them out of the molds and enjoy.

Makes four small cups a little smaller than Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. They're going to be semi-sweet unless you add that much more sweetener. I actually halved the recipe, you can make 8 by doubling the ingredients, or more.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom