Thread: Aloha from Central New York !

Default Aloha from Central New York !

I learned to play by participating in a course run by Salt City Ukulele (SCU) and then playing with them until March. Playing with my SO and others at Times jumpstarted my learning.
    This is my first musical instrument,
    I enjoy playing popular songs with any other willing musicians and vocalists.

This editor does not work well for me , hopefully this will post as planned.
    Last edited by DancingUkerr; 11-17-2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Inadvertent deletions

Welcome! Where is that...Midtown? Just kidding!
    John

Welcome DancingUkerr. Do you play and dance at the same time? Or is your uke the one that dances?

Anyway, welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your ukulele and dancing.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Ha ha ha. I figured someone would notice that. It’s not like riding a unicycle and playing basketball.

For 8 years , used to dance several times a week, now playing the ukulele has my attention , on the same day perhaps but not at the same time. ....then the pandemics set in....

Welcome DancingUkerr!

Welcome to UU. The uke is my first successful attempt at a musical instrument too.
    I don't know if you remember John Hartford, he played the fiddle and danced a clog at the same time. There is now a young lady on YouTube doing it too.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information