Being a uker influences how you see the world

mikelz777

Reaction score
I was watching an episode of the Twilight Zone recently and in it was a scene where someone was knocking on a character's apartment door. Looking at the door I couldn't help but notice the striking curl of the wood grain and immediately thought of how it would make a BEAUTIFUL ukulele! :D

I see chord patterns and scale diagrams wherever I look. When you drive behind semi-trucks at night their lights are composed of many little lights. And those lights (or lack thereof) form shapes we know. Sometimes I look and think "that's a G9" or "is that the Overtone scale?"

I love a very figured grain pattern on instruments, and not to dash your impression of that wood grain, but most of the time the grain is hand painted by a set painter. I was a propman in the movie studios for over 30 years.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I passed a job into the factory a couple of days ago with the job number 0202. I immediately thought Em7.

I passed a job into the factory a couple of days ago with the job number 0202. I immediately thought Em7.

I didn't recognize the behavior in the previous comments in myself but I definitely have this. There are so many four digit numbers that immediately remind me of ukulele chords. Help... :D

I love a very figured grain pattern on instruments, and not to dash your impression of that wood grain, but most of the time the grain is hand painted by a set painter. I was a propman in the movie studios for over 30 years.

If that door was painted then it was a truly masterful work! I'm inclined to believe that it was real because it seemed like it would be such a meticulous and work intensive detail for such a mundane object as a door in a non-luxury setting but who knows? It was in black and white and the shot probably featured the door for less than half a minute. Either way, it made a uke-related impression on me!

You guys got the fever bad. :)

Top Bottom